Medical bill FL, Letter form Riddle &Associates

Pfalz24

Received a letter today from Riddle& Associates, I do know that Riddle is a debt collecter/lawyer. The bill is from 6/16/02. I will DV this. The big question is where does it fall within the Florida SOL 4 of 5yr. 4 without a contract,5 with.

The letter, on the payment portion shows:

Our Client: NCO Financial Systems

Account Purchaser: MedCLR, Inc

Original Creditor: Osprey Emergency Physicians

Osprey is under contract with the hospital,to provide their emergency care.

On the credit report it is list as:installment , terms 1 month due to come off March 2009

Here is the DV that I am thinking of sending, any comments?

Re: reference # xxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on January 9 and received January 17,2007. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

What the money you say I owe is for;

Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;

Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;

Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;

Identify the original creditor;

Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account

Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state

Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

Regards,

Pfalz24

G'day Mate....

Make sure you add this to your letter:

"Provide the medical facilities' agreement with NCO for HIPAA purposes"

Chances are they will not respond (as they don't have the requested agreement) and NCO will make a delete. Medical debt collection laws in Florida are pro consumer.

The Aussie

G'day Mate....

Chances are they will not respond (as they don't have the requested agreement) and NCO will make a delete. Medical debt collection laws in Florida are pro consumer.

The Aussie

The trouble is that they are all spread through the statues, not in one tidy group.

I just got off the phone with the hospital, It seems that I was declared for low income in 2002. All bills where paid by the state program, including the ER bills. The hospital is sending me a letter to that effect. Hope it arrives in time to send Riddle, it will be close on the 30 days.

Now does anyone have an address and name for someone at NCO/MedCLR that has some horsepower to get these things off my credit report?

I'll wait a few days, would prefer to have a copy of the letter to send with my DV.

Been looking on the net, found some names,and office address for VP's and CEO's of the companies involved, they are all going to get copies. Will also demand deletions.

Received the letter from the hospital stating that I was accepted in the Uncompensated Care Program. This program paid all the bills, including E.R.

Sent out packages of copies, (8x12) cmrrr, to Riddle, and Mike Barrist CEO of NCO. Included copies of the complaint(s) to the Florida State Attorney General and the P.A. Attorney General. Requested removal of all account information from their files and removal of the reports to a 3 CRA's. Now I have to wait, and see what happens!

This may turn into an on going saga!

The letters NCO/ Riddle where delivered on Jan 29. I tracked them with the USPS.

On Sat the 27th, and on Mon the 29, received letters from Genesis offering a Credit Card with the bill to be applied to it. Yeah, right as if I am really going to go for this!

Now do I really need to DV these clowns, too? Or wait for a response from NCO? The back of the letters has the standard mIni- maranda, and states the NCO owns the account.

• 1 year later...
Received a letter today from Riddle& Associates, I do know that Riddle is a debt collecter/lawyer. The bill is from 6/16/02. I will DV this. The big question is where does it fall within the Florida SOL 4 of 5yr. 4 without a contract,5 with.

The letter, on the payment portion shows:

Our Client: NCO Financial Systems

Account Purchaser: MedCLR, Inc

Original Creditor: Osprey Emergency Physicians

Osprey is under contract with the hospital,to provide their emergency care.

On the credit report it is list as:installment , terms 1 month due to come off March 2009

I am filing for bankruptcy and am having a very difficult time finding a mailing address for Osprey Emergency Physicians. Lakeland Regional Medical Center, where I originally recieved care from them, cannot or will not give me a mailing address for Osprey E.P.....what the heck is going on with them?:confused:

• 4 months later...