Letters of Inquiry

KDogg

What effect, if any, do letters of inquiry have on CA accounts? I have one account that was a Workers' Comp claim which I'm working on having removed from my CR, and there are other accounts listed with other CAs and OCs that have similar dates. Here's a sample of what I've written:

CA Name and address

My name and address

Re: Collections accounts

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in regard to several collections accounts under your agency’s tradeline being listed on my Credit Reports. Radiology Inc. is listed as the original creditor, with various dates and amounts due shown.

I am not disputing any of these debts at this time.

However, I am requesting further information regarding these accounts. More specifically, I am requesting dates when actual services were performed, as one or more of these accounts may have possibly been covered under Workers’ Compensation claims and erroneously reported for collections.

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated and most helpful in clarifying and settling these debts.

Sincerely,

Me.

Anything else I should (or shouldn't) include in them? The debts in question are mine, and once it's clear whether or not Workers' Comp should have paid, I intend to submit PFD letters. I just don't want to pay for something I shouldn't have to. Suggestions appreciated!