Same Phone/Address but...New Attorney???

luv2bhappy

I received a letter today from a new attorney collecting on behalf of CACH using the same address/phone as a different attorney collecting on this same debt. The former law office violated up the wazoo, and I sent them a letter stating as much, so now I have a new attorney working out of the same office(?). Is this a new thing for different collection attorney's to share office space and pass a debt around after they've violoated the FDCPA? I do know that the former attorney lost a class action, and some other troubles, so it's possible he sold his debts? Scratching head.....

Thanks E, and I'll assume I'm starting from scratch w/ the new guy although he's in the same office. I've been saving to try and settle, but I don't have enough yet, and the amount just keeps growing.

Not necessarily starting from scratch. The new attorney has imputed knowledge of everything that has occurred relative to your account and must conduct themselves accordingly. In other words, the transition to another "collector" has absolutely no bearing on the law firm's, the attorney's or your, obligations and rights.

In other words, the transition to another "collector" has absolutely no bearing on the law firm's, the attorney's or your, obligations and rights.

I guess that's the first question...is this the same law firm, or just one of those "rent-a-stall" places? Maybe one can't-get-real-case lawyer just handed it to another...

I guess that's the first question...is this the same law firm, or just one of those "rent-a-stall" places? Maybe one can't-get-real-case lawyer just handed it to another...

This first attorney actually has a real practice in business law, and I think collections is/was just easy money for him. This new one shares the same address/phone as I stated, but he seems to practice all sorts of law even consumer. They both are affiliated with CACH.

The dunning letter was sent to me in terms of a new account. I was expecting one because my contact number I have just for things like this has been ringing unkown many x's a day for a week or so. Until I have something to offer I'm not talking to them it's pointless I've learned. If they sue they will regardless of having a conversation with me.

I will send a DV letter and maybe they'll let me in on how they've tacked on 1k in interest since last fall.