Getting ready to settle...

elyse449

Hi folks,

I'm getting ready to offer settlements for these...if you have any ideas or have otherwise worked with any of these CA's, please let me know what helped you. So far, my luck with this hasn't been good-but I truly want to resolve these.

Here's our baddies....make sure your somewhere safe, that way when you pass out, you won't get hurt!

Dh's baddies:

1. Applied Card: (now with Weltman, Weinburg & Reis but they aren't reporting on CR's) 1541.00-Date of last pmt 12/05

*I figure since this debt is relatively new, it couldn't hurt to come to some agreement and pay it and it is a valid debt.

2. West Asset Mgmt: 310.00-Date of last pmt 12/05

*Same month as above because we went through some financial hardships last year. I figure this one can be paid as it is also valid.

3. Allied Credit: 273.00-Date of last pmt 09/05

*This is a speeding ticket my dh got. He was going 25 mph in a 20 mph zone...it was in our neighborhood, but in front of the newer high school they put there and he forgot...SUMMER IS OVER! Dorcus.

4. Puget Sound Collections: 236.00-Date of last pmt 04/02 (Not worth worrying over? It's a med collection from my dss)

5. Merchants Medical: 97.00 -Date of last pmt 03/02 (Not worth worrying over? This is also a med collection and yes, they're actually reporting the measily 97.00 debt!)

6. Renton Collection: 63.00-Date of last pmt 11/01 (Not worth worrying over? Or would these smaller, idiotic ones be easier to settle on a PFD?)

Elyse's baddies;

1.OSI Collection: 663.00-Date of last pmt 10/04 (this stems from a moving violation I got...on MOTHERS DAY. I was on my way to take my cat to the vet as he had been attacked severely and required TWO shunts, yes I definitely could afford this ticket, right? LOL--whatever) Original creditor was the county of the issuing ticket. Ever tried to settle with them?????

2. Sentry Credit:648.00-Date of last pmt 10/06 (the last pmt reporting is WRONG, I have never paid on this since the debt was made 08/03, so maybe I could try disputing first? This is a med bill from surgery I had to have, I would like to negotiate, if possible)

3. Pacific Northwest Collection: 429.00-Date of last pmt 04/02. This is a vet bill, I've already tried to offer a PFD to the CA and got a horrid response. Should I try the OC? I'd like to resolve this, but may not be able to.

We have a repo that we aren't even going to bother with. It's beyond the SOL for Wa. State, but we also don't have 8,326.00

Should I just try contacting the OC's in all these first???

Elyse

Elyse -

First, dispute with the credit bureaus if they are on there.

With CAs, I'd approach them with a business deal. You know that they paid less than 7 cents on the dollar for the debts. I wouldn't offer them any more than 10-25%. IF you want, I'd even calculate the profit they will make by accepting your offer.

With collections under $200 - just pay them off with a written promise not to report.

Elyse -

First, dispute with the credit bureaus if they are on there.

With CAs, I'd approach them with a business deal. You know that they paid less than 7 cents on the dollar for the debts. I wouldn't offer them any more than 10-25%. IF you want, I'd even calculate the profit they will make by accepting your offer.

With collections under $200 - just pay them off with a written promise not to report.

I'm glad I saw this prior to doing anything! I gotta go check my "thread" membership thingies...I don't get informed when someone responds to me. Thanks for the insight. We're trying to qualify for a refi and it's tough to know what the "right" thing to do is...some of the debts are 4+ yrs old, ya know? :(

Sheesh, they're like hemmoroids!!

Elyse