Midland Credit did not validate but......

k99w

I sent a letter of DV to Midland Credit Management and they did not respond within 30. I sent a follow up stating that they didn't validate and are now in violation of the FDCPA. The DV was recieved by them NOV28th. I Followed up on the 1ST of Jan. Today I get a letter from them saying:

"We are attempting to verify your dispute and it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that substantiates your dispute. In the iterim, we have requested that the major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed".

Please mail or fax canceled checks, paid letters or police reports to 800-306-4443."

I am a little confused here , did they just ask me to "validate" this debt to them?

If they didn't validate can I now send a letter the the CRA demanding it be taken off my report since MCM has not validated it? I have all copies of the letters I have sent to them as well as the certified recipts. What should my next step be?

Any advice would be very helpful, I am fairly new to the process.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks for answering! They have not as yet marked it as disputed, just checked my CR yesterday and their letter was dated the 11th. I will dispute this with the CRA's for sure! Should I send them copies of my DV letters to Midland and my Certified mail recipts?