Wolpoff... MannBracken... NCO

still_learning

Hello everyone... another newbie here. For about a week now, I've read through this forum and finally got the courage to post my own questions;) It's quite a bit, so please bear with me :D

RE: Wolpoff

* I was summoned to appear in court last fall by W&A. Not knowing any better, I ignored it and just yesterday got a letter from W&A that read: "As you are aware a judgment was entered against you."

a. Am I wrong to think I should have been told there was a hearing?

b. How come the court never let ME know a judge had ruled on the case?

c. The letter also states, "Court rules allow us to subpoena you to court to question you about your assets. As a courtesy, we will allow you to voluntarily answer and return the questions on the reverse side of this letter." Should I answer all the personal questions or try to vacate this judgment?

RE: MannBracken

* I keep getting calls from them yet I don't know what account they're calling me about. I've read on this forum, NEVER talk to anyone on the phone. Should I write them to DV even though I don't have an account for them to refer to? Will they automatically sue me upon receipt of the DV letter?

RE: NCO

* Just got a letter stating they are "assisting" AMEX in collection of the debt. They gave me 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt. Should I send them a DV letter even though I know I owe the money but can't afford to pay it right now? Or should I just ignore it?

My debts have all been charged off couple months ago. Just wondering if I should hold out for as long as I can or just settle as soon as I can. Thanks in advance for your help and especially reading through all of this!!!!!! :shock:

RE: Wolpoff

* I was summoned to appear in court last fall by W&A. Not knowing any better, I ignored it and just yesterday got a letter from W&A that read: "As you are aware a judgment was entered against you."

a. Am I wrong to think I should have been told there was a hearing?

b. How come the court never let ME know a judge had ruled on the case?

c. The letter also states, "Court rules allow us to subpoena you to court to question you about your assets. As a courtesy, we will allow you to voluntarily answer and return the questions on the reverse side of this letter." Should I answer all the personal questions or try to vacate this judgment?

If you feel that this was a bogus award and that they have nothing, you can still file a motion for vacation. We may be able to help you with that.

RE: MannBracken

* I keep getting calls from them yet I don't know what account they're calling me about. I've read on this forum, NEVER talk to anyone on the phone. Should I write them to DV even though I don't have an account for them to refer to? Will they automatically sue me upon receipt of the DV letter?

Anyway you can find out which account? Look on your credit report? You may be able to stand a couple of minutes on the phone with these guys - if they call you to find out which account. I suggest a DV letter anyway, they only have one account on you most likely and will know which one they are talking about.

RE: NCO

* Just got a letter stating they are "assisting" AMEX in collection of the debt. They gave me 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt. Should I send them a DV letter even though I know I owe the money but can't afford to pay it right now? Or should I just ignore it?

A polite DV letter would be good.

If you can settle - how much cash do you have and how much do you owe?