threatining judgment

katty72

my son has a credit card debt that has grown with each collection agency that takes it over, it has gone from 3500 to over 7000 now and the last letter came from a law firm threatening a judgment, my question is what does that mean in the state of georgia? and since they were able to report this on my husband and i's credit report can they enter our home or garnish our social security? my son no longer lives with us and i have told the collection agencies that numerous time but they continue to call, i no longer answer my home phone and only use my cell phone now since they do not have that number, i changed the home number but they somehow got that one to even though i had it put in my married daughters name, please help, my son needs to pay this bill but is out of work and a full time college student.