Why does every CC Co. Tell me they need further processing ?

Okay,

what is going on when I apply for a CC ? They always tell me that they need further processing or information and they will send me a letter in the mail. So doesn't this mean NO ? Citi Premier told me I would get an answer in 30 days !! My credit scores are not bad my EQ is very high and my TU and EX are in the 620 range. My utilization is only somewhat high on two CC's...What gives ? What ever happen to instant approval online ? Well at least USAA said to call them tomorrow and I know they pulled EQ so we will see but I don't feel to optimistic right now about that one either...

Yeah Direrred,

but 678 through EQ is not subprime. I have read where people on these boards are getting all kinds of CC's with scores and utilizations higher than mine. I m happy for them but I just don't get where I am having problems. I have no lates and have 165 months of perfect credit. USAA told me that they always send their apps to an underwriter so I guess I'll see tomorrow...thanks !!

Hey Skyfox,

are you saying that they do not do ever send it to the underwriter ? Or just when your probably denied ?

It all depends on the review of your CR. Like I mentioned before, my sister has great credit so she got instant approval. For both of my cards (I have a mastercard & amex from USAA) I got a message saying that I would get a response in 7-10 days. The mastercard just showed up in the mail. For the amex, I checked online the day after I applied and the amex account was there. So if you don't get an automatic response(approved/declined) it goes to an underwriter. I have a feeling you are probably approved. Unless you have really, really bad credit you'll get it. My other sister got the card w/ a bankruptcy showing. So, no worries.

Skyfox,

I have never had BK and my payment history is excellent. My EQ score which they checked has not one baddie my utilization is hight though but thats it. Now on my EX and TU CR I have two Providian Chargeoffs that I have given up on trying to delete as they will not budge and they drop off in a year. I did the same thing I looked online to check and see if my account would show up on USAA...Did you just check your account info and it was there. I mean if your approved it will show where your checking and savings info is ? Thanks Skyfox....:)

Yes, I just checked where my checking/savings accounts were and voila, there was my new amex account. Now if they asked you to call them, I doubt it will just show up. You'll need to talk to them first. I think you'll be ok. Especially if you have money in checking/savings.

P.S.- You're very welcome!

I figured out the problem with USAA...They told me that they would have approved me but that I am not in the military and either are any of my immediate family members. When I called to enroll they just asked me if any of my family is in the miltary and I said "yes my dads whole family is miltary," which they are. I was given a membership # and I applied. They were very nice and said that they were going to remove the inquiry I didn't even ask them to remove it they just told me they were going to. Anyways back to finding a decent CC that I can use that I know pulls EQ....the search is on....Thanks everyone...:)

Earthangel....someone posted on here that since they run their credit watch site through Experian that they usually use EX....Okay if I was to apply for an Amex card which one is the easiest to get ? I have a 678 EQ score but my Utilization is a little high but I have no inquries as of today. I have not had a late payment in about 10 yrs doesn't that count for anything. i also have a good job and have been employed forever. What worries me is that Target just approved me for $300 frickin dollars....I almost told them to forget it...I have been thinking and I think that all this CC problems started when I started working on my Doctorate and getting school loans. Even though they are in forbearance until I finish school it has to be the loans that are scaring all the CC companies away.....I just want one good CC that i can use and man its been hell getting one these days.....Thanks...:)

Earthangel....someone posted on here that since they run their credit watch site through Experian that they usually use EX....

I don't know anything about that. All I know is that they've pulled EQ on me. You may want to do some searching on some of the Credit Pulls sites.

Okay if I was to apply for an Amex card which one is the easiest to get?

Question already answered in one of your other threads:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261865

I noticed that you're still annoyed by some creditors' denials despite your 678 FICO score. One thing we can't stress enough here is that score is NOT everything. Most creditors don't base their decisions on score only. There are youngsters w/ 1 CC just opened last month w/ scores in the 700s. There are also others w/ no lates, 10 student loans, and no revolving credit w/ scores in the high 600s. Most creditors consider all such scenarios b4 issuing credit. Target has specific requirements for issuing their Visa cards b4 the store card to a consumer. I don't think that they have ever issued a store card w/ more than a $300-500 initial CL. If I were you, instead of trying to figure out their logic and if you need the TL, use the card sparingly; pay your bill on time. B4 you know it, you will eventually qualify for better cards. Many of us here (if not all) had to work our way up the positive credit ladder. You're lucky. I had to start off w/ a secured card. Target didn't give me a chance until my secured card started reporting. Use the card for what it's good for - a positive TL.

Earthangel,

in no way am I frustrated by others success with credit cards I am happy with all that succeed..:everybodyclap: I guess I am frustrated because I have had over 10 yrs of no lates Earthangel. I have worked real hard at having good credit and for the most part I have only made a few mistakes years ago like PROVIDIAN......:twisted: But I am very happy for the Target TL but it just seems like to me these days that having a TL and always paying on time with no lates has gotten me no where. Also, I am not just starting out either...I understand that everyones story is different but I just want to figure out my story first. The big thing I keep asking myself is " what in the hell do these CC companies want ?" Other than that if I can get a decent CC with a decent CL then I will be happy ...hell I'm happy now....:wink: