Got approved for Target card how does it work ?

You go into a store displaying the Target logos.

You will have the option of getting a shopping cart or handbasket to assist you in collecting items. Target will have several organized aisles for their products. Their products all come with prices which should be clearly marked. There are scanners you can use if you are unsure on prices.

Once you have acquired all the items you wish to purchase, take them to what is called the "check-out counter". They will scan your items in and total the prices. Tax will be added. Target will accept the redcard as payment at the time. You will be billed monthly by Target for any items you purchase with the card. There is a minimum payment that must be paid by a due date. You may also elect to pay the balance in full to avoid any interest charges.

That's the gist of it.

You will have the option of getting a shopping cart or handbasket to assist you in collecting items. Target will have several organized aisles for their products. Their products all come with prices which should be clearly marked. There are scanners you can use if you are unsure on prices.

Once you have acquired all the items you wish to purchase, take them to what is called the "check-out counter". They will scan your items in and total the prices. Tax will be added. Target will accept the redcard as payment at the time. You will be billed monthly by Target for any items you purchase with the card. There is a minimum payment that must be paid by a due date. You may also elect to pay the balance in full to avoid any interest charges.

That's the gist of it.

:ROFLMAO2:

Let's not forget that you can even shop online.

That's the gist of it.

LOL!!!!! I needed that laugh!

:roflmao:

Elyse

That's the gist of it.

That was hilarious!

Alright ---Alright......that was funny but seriously $300....I mean my EQ score is 680 why $300 ? I guess what I am asking is how long does it take to up your CL ? 8-)

Well, in all seriousness I think you'd be well within your right to request a CLI within 6 months. I hear some creditors vary on how often they'll grant one though...so hopefully someone with a Target card will chime in to say what has worked for them and when. Just remember, keep that utilization DOWN and pay on time. Not that you don't know that.

Also, were you thinking the CL you got was low for your FICO? It may be that they're looking at a previous late reporting or collection account to...so perhaps they weighed their risk and settled on the 300.00 CL? Just a thought. At least you got approved! It'll be light years before I am EVER approved! :) Congrats by the way!

Elyse

Elsye,

thats just it...No lates in over 10 yrs and no collection accounts. On my EX and TU I have two chargeoffs but they checked EQ and that score is super clean I even have no inquries....That is why I am so surprised that they gave me a $300 limit. I actually was going to buy a California Closet set with the card but that will max out the card on the first purchase..:mrgreen: This is too funny I told the girl who called me at my office " $300 ? Your kidding right ? and I started laughing.." Your right though at least I got approved. When I started on this board over 2 yrs ago I couldn't get a secured card with a $1 limit but thanks to everyone here I have come a long way. I have 2 baddies on TU and EX and they drop off in a year....You will get to this point soon I promise with the help of all the great people on this board it just takes time. I have been frustrated so many times and have made mistakes but I always got right back up and never gave up.....Good Luck...:)

Alright ---Alright......that was funny but seriously $300....I mean my EQ score is 680 why $300 ? I guess what I am asking is how long does it take to up your CL ? 8-)

Target will increase your limit based on your shopping habits with them and your scores.

Btw, the AVERAGE FICO score for a Target Visa holder? 785. You're barely above the minimum they'd consider for a Visa (660).

Elsye when you said I was light years ahead of you i figured you were a newbie man your a veteran withyour 1,000 + posts..Sorry...:D

You're right. But I've had a few set backs. My dh wasn't cooperating w/ our budgeting and that along with his being layed off...well, it sort of threw my credit repair off course several times. But I'm back at it again! :) You're right...I'll just keep getting back up, that's the only way!

Elyse

Earthangel,

how would I know to look for Tourniquet's animosity with Target. I don't get it I thought everyone loved Target. Should I get rid of the card ?

I've taken the liberty of searching for this 'colorful' thread for you.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253425

BTW, not "everyone" is going to love every creditor. We all have our peeves and picks. Target has been a wonderful rebuilder for me; for Tourny, it hasn't. Only you can make the decision of whether to keep the card or not.

Hmmm.... Tourniquet, isn't your Target limit higher than your Walmart? ;-)

Why are you complaining so much?

It's explained in the above thread.

Gotta love Target. My card went from $200 -> $500 -> $4,500 Visa in about 16 months.

Kevin's Target experience has been nothing short of breathtaking. Mine has been the standard. Start off with $200, get CLI'd to $500 a couple of months later, then upgraded to the $1000 Visa after a year. If you started off with $300, you've done better than most of us. Just give it a few months.

• 1 year later...

:shock: Wow... They offered me a red card at the checkout line 3 months ago and I went along with it just so I would have one positive on my credit report.

I wasn't really paying attention to the credit limit but I did notice on my last bill they increased it to $1000! Why me? My credit is crap! :confused: Wacky.