Validation Letter from AAC

Requested a validation letter from AAC. I received what I would describe as a form letter stating the balance owed and a second page requesting I contact them to resolve this matter. Are there any steps I can take to get more info on this account? The letter does have an account # balance and last transaction date. Am I spitting into the wind to require more info at this time? Thanks.

Was that from their Brandon office.....what you received is their canned response prepared by them on their letterhead with information obtained from their database.

The law is specific in it's requirement that they obtain the information from the original creditor and forward that information to you. DV them a second time disputing their feeble attempts to validate the debt so that you put them on notice....so that they can't come after you later with "account stated". Odds are after 2 dv, you will not hear from them again....

Worked for me...

Yes this was a letter from the Brandon office. It was a standard form letter, no info other than amount due, account # and balance. I don't want to wake up a sleeping giant but I really don't feel thier response to my intial letter is anything but a standard form letter. As a matter of fact the woman on the phone said she would send me out a verification form letter!

Is there a link anywhere on the basics of writing a follow-up DV letter?

I thank everyone for the help and suggestions. I am learning so much!

Again, it is important that you dispute their letter to you so as not to assume account stated.....your letter can be simple stating that information and documents you are requesting must come from the OC and be forwarded to you. Then re-iterate your first letter. It goes without saying these are sent CMRRR.

There are lots of 2nd DV letters circulating but you will be better off writing one that pertains to you and your situation. If you need help, let me know and I'll shoot you the letter I sent to them that made them go away.

The Aussie

hubby just rcvd the same friendly form letter from the brandon office after sending dv. so far AA is not reporting on any cr's. the oc was deleted by investigation on cr's about 2 years ago. 2nd dv is on its way, so we shall see if there is a response. i agree that you should write it pertaining to your case.

I sent in the follow-up validation letter today. We will see what happens now.

On the bottom of my original letter I stated All future communications MUST (caps in the original letter also) be done in writing and sent via USPS. Today I received a call from Asset on my cell phone asking me if we could arrange payments on these 2 accounts. Is this a violation? As it was my cell I don't have a recording but I do have proof they called.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill with this?