So much for calling EQ and having Inq's removed.

tmac01

I hear how everyone calls EQ (CSC for me) and they just remove Inq's. I called yesterday and spoke with a lady and she was so nice. She told me that she was going to remove my Inq's but I checked today and they were still there. I called today and spoke to another lady and she told me " we are still working on it." I asked her what that meant and she said " it takes 30 days for us to contact each creditor." What liars :evil: they are verifying them...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear how everyone calls EQ (CSC for me) and they just remove Inq's. I called yesterday and spoke with a lady and she was so nice. She told me that she was going to remove my Inq's but I checked today and they were still there. I called today and spoke to another lady and she told me " we are still working on it." I asked her what that meant and she said " it takes 30 days for us to contact each creditor." What liars :evil: they are verifying them...

Do them online and they are gone just like that! I never do mine on phone.

Yes you can. When you go to this site, https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/consumer/sitepage.ehtml?forward=online_dispute, enter in your zip code. On the next page...@ the very top (below "Welcome to Equifax Online Dispute"), click on "If you do not have a confirmation number, click here to start your investigation". In the Investigate Item #1 box, for creditor's name, enter in the creditor who pulled your report. In the Acct# box, enter in "Inquiry DATE" (DATE is the date the report was pulled; an example would be "Inquiry 1/24/07"). Then check "not mine". Do this for up to 10 inquiries @ a time, I think. At the bottom of the page, click "send mail"...and then be on your merry way.

Go figure...when you try to dispute inquiries on CSC it gives you this statement:

Inquiries are a matter of record. They reflect the name and dates the companies with whom you may have initiated a business transaction requested your credit file. If you did not authorize the inquiry and you feel they are fraudulent, please submit a copy of the police report indicating that you may be a victim of fraud along with your request regarding the specific inquiry. Please include a copy of your identification and verification of your mailing address.

I hate CSC....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

Go figure...when you try to dispute inquiries on CSC it gives you this statement:

Inquiries are a matter of record. They reflect the name and dates the companies with whom you may have initiated a business transaction requested your credit file. If you did not authorize the inquiry and you feel they are fraudulent, please submit a copy of the police report indicating that you may be a victim of fraud along with your request regarding the specific inquiry. Please include a copy of your identification and verification of your mailing address.

I hate CSC....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

Ewww...that DOES suck!!! I'm glad you posted this though so that others whose EQ CRs are handled by CSC would be aware of this.

Yeah...Oh well I sent in my disputes and also called them in. I met a lady at CSC who gave me her personal phone # at her desk and Fax # I think I will fax her my disputes as well and maybe she will delete them....I'll keep you guys posted....;)

CSC is part of Equifax. If you live in TX you have to deal with CSC instead of Equifax. Equifax won't even talk to you they will forward your call to csc...

www.csc.com

Thanks for the heads up....this does work with EQ however. I disputed inquirys just yesterday....pulled a fresh TC today and already 6 have been deleted. Thanks again EarthAngel

The Aussie

• 4 weeks later...
What if I put another states zipcode in disputed that way ?

Thanks for the IDEA!!!! I live in Texas as well and entered a NY Zipcode to bypass the first page without being directed to CSC. It allowed me to submit my disputes as normal. Let's see if anything comes back. I'll keep you posted.