Paid Collection Advise?

deewest9

Have two paid collections on my CR. I found the email address of the VP of the CA I not sure if I should send them an threating or non threating email. I been disputing with the CRA for months now to no avail. Any advice on witch way to go at this point? Is there any specific sample letter that I should send?

The goodwill letter would be perfect for my time warner account that was sent collections, but also there is an AT&T paid CO and Im dealing with the second CA and when I tried calling AT&T, they said that they never received a payment. So we conference called the CA and they said that they received payment in full and they had no intentions of paying AT&T because they purchased the debt. Of course they also rfuse to remove they CO from my CR. So my question is; do you think I still should the OC a goodwill letter?

Well, I am not sure right or wrong there, however i had the same problem with directTV last year. I owed them 43.00 that a debt collector (NCO) called about. I called directtv and they(directtv) told me if i want service in the future i would have to pay directtv, otherwise i can pay the NCO but i will not be eligable for directtv service in the future as i am still in thier system as owing thier company money. For me i told em both where to put and set up NCO on FDCPA violations and i got the Directtv lines removed.

The goodwill letter would be perfect for my time warner account that was sent collections, but also there is an AT&T paid CO and Im dealing with the second CA and when I tried calling AT&T, they said that they never received a payment. So we conference called the CA and they said that they received payment in full and they had no intentions of paying AT&T because they purchased the debt. Of course they also rfuse to remove they CO from my CR. So my question is; do you think I still should the OC a goodwill letter?

Since the original creditor no longer owns the debt, a letter to them would do absolutely no good. It's unfortunate that sometimes when you pay a debt, you lose leverage as far as having the item removed from your credit report. For this reason, it's always better to negotiate a "pay for delete" before they get any money. Who is the collection agency? :confused:

I would try sending a goodwill letter to the Original creditor.

Also do a search on paid collections

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260123&highlight=paid+collection

Here is the link. You can try to find it on your own so in the furture you wont have a problem. Go to the first page of this thread. My first post has the link. I have copied it for you good luck.

Next time also send me a private message that you cant find it, I would have gotten back to you sooner. I did not see your question.