How Can I Remove a Reposession From My CR?

deewest9

Do a search for removing reposession- and you'll see there have been a few discussions on this topic.

Unfortunately, you may be stuck with the tradeline for quite a while- if it's reported correctly and depending on who the company was that reposessed it.

example- I know for a fact that Ford Motor co keeps very good records. I had a "voluntary reposession" with them in 04. I settled with them after they auctioned the car. I have since offered to pay the difference of what they "wrote off"- ( in exchange for a PFD ) even though I paid taxes on it after recieving a 1099 from them. They will not budge.

There's always the goodwill letter route, they may scoff at it, but what have you got to loose? Just remember, anytime you send a goodwill letter- you're giving them more proof of the tradeline being yours.

• 4 months later...
example- I know for a fact that Ford Motor co keeps very good records. I had a "voluntary reposession" with them in 04. I settled with them after they auctioned the car. I have since offered to pay the difference of what they "wrote off"- ( in exchange for a PFD ) even though I paid taxes on it after recieving a 1099 from them. They will not budge.

how did you find out what the difference was? i am in the same boat with ford but with 2 vehicles, and they never sent me a 1099

It all depends on the your state laws. In most cases, the UCC covers repossession since when the vehicle was repo'd your contract was 'null'. The SOL is usually determined by the UCC also. If they have not properly notified you of the sale of the vehicle, the deficiency, etc within a reasonable amount of time the SOL is 2 years. If they did properly notify you but have not sued yet, it's 4 years. The UCC basically says this, "if you were not notified of a deficiency, you DO NOT OWE IT". In this case, a CA or OC deficiency on your report CAN BE REMOVED... if you fight it. I've been doing a lot of reading on this, but the only thing I have not been able to find a definite answer on is this. Does the CO have the burden of proof to show that they served you notice and what does the burden require.. certified mail, etc?

:goodluck: