General Questions about admissability of faxes

If I send a fax to a number I believe to be that of the adverse parties, can't the adverse party just deny that was their number?

For example, Joe Shmoe's fax number is all over the internet, but not on their website.

So the fax numbers that I see could be false, and would give Joe Shmoe a great excuse since they don't publish their numbers in general.

Another idea that I have would be to fax whatever documents I would like to fax to the "wrong" department (at Joe Shmoe's Corporation) and on the fax itself, notifying the "wrong" department that as an employee of the instituion, they are in receipt of the fax, and that they must disseminate the fax to the right department.

CMRR is the way to go for ballers, but I wouldn't be here if I had a lot of money. The fax machine is right next to me and I can make very nice copies and scans of the delivery confirmation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

If I send a fax to a number I believe to be that of the adverse parties, can't the adverse party just deny that was their number?

For example, Joe Shmoe's fax number is all over the internet, but not on their website.

So the fax numbers that I see could be false, and would give Joe Shmoe a great excuse since they don't publish their numbers in general.

Another idea that I have would be to fax whatever documents I would like to fax to the "wrong" department (at Joe Shmoe's Corporation) and on the fax itself, notifying the "wrong" department that as an employee of the instituion, they are in receipt of the fax, and that they must disseminate the fax to the right department.

CMRR is the way to go for ballers, but I wouldn't be here if I had a lot of money. The fax machine is right next to me and I can make very nice copies and scans of the delivery confirmation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Proving who the number belonged to would be easy if it came down to that. I've faxed letters to CAs lots of times.

Proving who the number belonged to would be easy if it came down to that. I've faxed letters to CAs lots of times.

Well, how would I do that. It would only be easy if I knew how to do it.

Example - Experian won't put a real fax number out on their webpage (only a number for their other departments).

However, the internet is literally spread with their fax numbers from people posting.

How would I substantiate that they are in fact the part receiving the fax if they fall silent??

In the abscence of knowing how to substantiate such, isn't sending the "wrong department" the fax just as good?

Please expand.

How would I substantiate that they are in fact the party receiving the fax if they fall silent??

If you're in need of proof, then that means you're headed for court. You can get that info through discovery. If they own the line, there will be a paper trail.

:)

Discovery is precluded in my State in General District Court. Makes it kind of tough.

Except for the following:

Bill of Particulars,

Grounds of Defense,

subpoena duces tecum,

depositions and, interrogatories (post-trial).

Thanks for explaining the angle.

Any other ways I can prove its their number long before then?

I'd have to work extra hard to ensure proof that this is their number. Just trying to get my ducks in a ro

Still, what's wrong with sending it to the "wrong" department, verifiable on the internet as their number?

Thank you for your time Nascar.

:)

Any other ways I can prove its their number long before then?

I was curious about that so I just called the phone company and told them I was getting anonymous faxes and could I find where they were coming from? The operator transferred me to an automated directory assistance system that said for "name and address, enter the area code and phone number." Of course, I didn't have a number to enter so I just hung up. Try it and see if it works for you.

I was curious about that so I just called the phone company and told them I was getting anonymous faxes and could I find where they were coming from? The operator transferred me to an automated directory assistance system that said for "name and address, enter the area code and phone number." Of course, I didn't have a number to enter so I just hung up. Try it and see if it works for you.

hehe so your not the only one who is wondering....

I use vonage so I doubt that I could do that....maybe I could do a reverse telephone search or write the phone company?

Anyone have any other thoughts?