Using Experian's Online Dispute

Hello. I am new to fixing my creidt and I have begun by using Experian's Online Dispute system. I am wondering if they automatically deem it frivilous or if anyone has had success using it.

My main disputes were Dates of Last Payments (Collection Agencies often used a much later date, extending the 7 year period) and I had several 30 days late (all of which I was actually in Iraq and these items were supposed to be corrected when I called the creditors, but the credit report shows otherwise).

I am hoping a few of these disputes result in deletions. What should do if Experian refuses to investigate my dispute?

I am moving on to TU and Equafax next. Any input would be helpful!

PS: My main credit problem is I have 5 outstanding accounts that are now close to the 7 year mark (thank God it's been forever). I have struggled with my finances (low paying type jobs since college) and have focused on paying back student loans without paying creditors (I was aware of the 7 years from last payment as far as the wait period) in the hopes that my student loans would be paid down by the time my 7 years was up. I am now in a stronger financial position but the last thing I want to do is to fork out cash on accounts that are 6 years old when they will be off my credit report shortly.

They don't automatically deem it frivilous, but if you bark hard enough you will end up in special handling and then it won't work.

You can then wait 1/2 hour to speak to someone in special handling. (Really fun if you work).

When you are done waiting, they will tell you that it is frivilous. :)

If you have alot of baddies, sorry I didn't get into the specifics of your post, you may find that online disputes are the best for the "shotgun" approach.

As you continue your dispute, you may find that the more difficult ones require more attention e.g. ITS letters, CMRR letters, calls to FTC, BBB, AG, Bureau of Financial institutions or actual lawsuits.

Best of luck

I made 4 disputes to Experian in regards to CAs who purchased my original debts. I was disputing them becasue the CAs put current dates for collection, bad TLs etc... I looked at the report online today and all it says is "This item was verified and updated on Jan 2007. " WHat does this mean exactly?

MONROE AND MAIN

Address:

1112 7TH AVE

MONROE, WI 53566

No phone number available

Account Number:

xxxxxxxxxx

Status: Account charged off. $201 written off. $100 past due as of Jan 2007

Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Sep 2009.

This item was verified and updated on Jan 2007.

Date Opened:

11/2002

Type:

Revolving

Reported Since:

06/2003 Terms:

NA

Date of Status:

06/2003

Monthly Payment:

$0

Last Reported:

01/2007

Responsibility:

Individual

Credit Limit/Original Amount:

$201

High Balance:

$201

Recent Balance:

$201 as of 01/2007

Recent Payment:

$0

Account History:

Charge Off as of Feb 2006 to Jan 2007, May 2004 to Dec 2005, Mar 2004, Jan 2004, Jun 2003 to Dec 2003

And what is this date range all about?

I know this is a small amount of money, but I have no idea what it is. Is my next step to send a DV letter to Monroe and Main?