yellow paper and teal pen?

Bounce

Actually, it's red ink on green ledger paper. The kind with the # pattern on it.

It makes it impossible to photo-copy or scan accurately. The contrast wigs out the CCD image sensor.

If you really want to make the document impossible to duplicate, use one of those red gel pens that has glitter in the ink. The glitter refracts light and makes even the best CCD sensor come up with broken images. Also, the glitter makes it impossible to replicate using ink-jet technologies.

(Dad was in the Secret Service...anti-counterfeitting)

Some people have complained about debt collectors lifting their signatures and forging them on other documents; although I have never actually seen this first-hand in the many years I've been helping out here on CIC. By signing your name in red-glitter pen on green ledger paper, you make it nearly impossible for that to happen.

Some people, rather than doing the above, advise not signing letters. I don't agree. If the letter is not signed it is not "properly executed" under the rules of evidence. In other words it's not worth much in court.

When I first started fixing my own credit years ago, I followed someoone's advice about not signing the letters and when I took the CA to court for FDCPA violations I lost because my letters were unsigned.

The rationale is this: If you don't sign the letter, anyone with a computer and a printer could have typed it up. By not signing, there is no proof you wrote it at all. If a CA were to produce unsigned letters they typed up themselves you would have a hard time convincing a judge your real ones are any more legitimate than the forgeries.

Forged signatures aren't the issue here. The issue here is having the CRA scan your dispute automatically where it's unseen by a person. This is a creditboards thing. The idea is to make it hard for the CRA to scan the dispute in automatically, forcing a human being to read and enter the dispute.

Another good point, IHateCAs. I hadn't thought of that one myself. Definately a good idea if your goal is to fudge OCR software.

Only down-side is that the CRA not being able to scan it means that they must reference hard-copy and pull from long-term storage any time it comes up later. It means calling in to speak to a person on the phone about it is totally out...unless you, by some miracle, get the same person who has your letter.

I think this would also foul up the investigation process. It literally guarantees that your letter and any supporting evidence done up the same way will not be forwarded to the OC since they would only be able to send the originals by hand-carrier.

I think this would also foul up the investigation process. It literally guarantees that your letter and any supporting evidence done up the same way will not be forwarded to the OC since they would only be able to send the originals by hand-carrier.

Like they pay any attention to our documentation anyway. We could have a letter signed by the President and they wouldn't consider it.