How do I get out of special handling?

beeboah

"Special handling" is where they throw consumers that know their rights and have proven the CRA wrong...usually by sueing or settling a damage claim. Special handling means they have labeled you a troublemaker and put a real investigator in front of all your future disputes, not a $7/hr flunky.

It can be good or bad, depending on your point of view. Good in that everything will be really looked at and if something is wrong it will get fixed. Bad in that if you goal is to get something off that is correct, it isn't gonna happen.

I don't know of anyone ever getting off special handling once put there.

Gosh, I didn't even know about "special handling." Learn something new everyday!!

Question: How does one find out if they are in this category? Does this apply to ONE CRA or does it automatically apply to ALL CRA's? In other words, can you get on "special handling" with one CRA and not another?

Elyse

Why would you want to be out of special handling?

They actually have CSRs who know stuff.

You are probably right in that some of their CSRs know their stuff. In this instance, it is not a CSR but a manager of such.

The reason that I would want to get out of CSR, is because this manager is a real hard liner. Implicitly sides with the OC or CA even when I challenge such or have HARD proof to prove otherwise.

"Special handling" is where they throw consumers that know their rights and have proven the CRA wrong...usually by sueing or settling a damage claim. Special handling means they have labeled you a troublemaker and put a real investigator in front of all your future disputes, not a $7/hr flunky.

It can be good or bad, depending on your point of view. Good in that everything will be really looked at and if something is wrong it will get fixed. Bad in that if you goal is to get something off that is correct, it isn't gonna happen.

I don't know of anyone ever getting off special handling once put there.

Thank you Methuss.

You are probably right in that some of their CSRs know their stuff. In this instance, it is not a CSR but a manager of such.

The reason that I would want to get out of CSR, is because this manager is a real hard liner. Implicitly sides with the OC or CA even when I challenge such or have HARD proof to prove otherwise.

All you've said is that it'll be easier to get damages from the CRA when you sue. So why haven't you?

All you've said is that it'll be easier to get damages from the CRA when you sue. So why haven't you?

"All I've said". Hmmm, what a waste of 887 posts. I haven't sued because under certain circumstances, but not all circumstances, litigation may be the best move.

I can't wait until the CRA violates by not telling me why my dispute is frivolous.

I bet you can't either. :)

I am in EX special handling as well.... (Hi, Kim Hughes!!!! :)++ ) She is failing to investigate my stuff because it has been previously disputed....even though I showed her copy after copy of the ever morphing Citifinancial tradeline with a 60 day late that acts like a mexican jumping bean!!!!

At this point, with months of this data in my hands...I see my only option left is to sue EX for failure to delete a TL they KNEW was 'wrong' since it couldn't report the same data 2 months in a row!!!!

A headache to say the least!

One thing I like to do is send her emails - often - with the new rant followed by my latest FTC and BBB complaints (entered online - screen print with HER name on it!!!!:evil: ) (That tactic always worked with vicki banks.....)

Only time will tell. How do you get out? I have no idea. Vicki kicked me out of special handling a couple of years ago and so did TU. EX...Kim has had my account going on 4 years!!!!!!