being sued, I have responded, now what?

I am being sued by two collection agencies...Arrow Financial and Unifund. I have responded to both with a sworn denial... I denied that the debt was mine, I then stated that if the debt was mine, I denied it to be a valid debt, and then I stated that if the debt was valid, that the amount sought in the claim was wrong. I then filed a request for discovery. It has been over 140 days and three court appearances and I have yet to recieve any discovery from Arrow.... and only two 7 year old statements from Unifund. ( our states statute of limitations is 5 years) This seems to be a huge old boy network at this courthouse.... how do I get this judge to dismiss this case the next time I appear?:?:

hopefully, you raised the SOL as a defense on the one. If you di dnot, it is lost.

You bring a motion to compel discovery, You ask the court to gieve the plaintiffs a deadline for giving you the material you seek and you remind him you need it to prosecute your defense since it is relevant to the complaint and soley in the possession and control of hte plaintiff

Did you already file the sworn denial.. If so by you saying "if this is my debt" could have been a mistake, by utilizing your sworn denial as an affidavit of fact. Anytime you file a sworn denial, it needs to be plain and simple.

"i deny this debt is mine as the plaintiff has no proof"

The judge usually appreciates not having to read through an entire page of "denials"

These are not my opinions, but opinions of my counsel. I did everything he said and won my case.

• 3 months later...