unpaid household acct

mzsyd

Household (best buy) is on my CR with $0 balance as acct sold. How can I get the neg tradeline off my reports? Last time reported was on Euifax 9/06 Should I try....

1) Dispute with bureaus? wait for verification...

2) if it comes back verified...ask for MOV?

Any suggestions?

Household (best buy) is on my CR with $0 balance as acct sold. How can I get the neg tradeline off my reports? Last time reported was on Euifax 9/06 Should I try....

1) Dispute with bureaus? wait for verification...

2) if it comes back verified...ask for MOV?

Any suggestions?

Whether to dispute or not is completely up to you. They sold the debt, so it's not like Household will come after you for disputing. What do you really have to lose? If it's "verified", then you can either wait several months b4 redisputing or choose to dispute directly w/ the OC (a link about this is @ the top of this page). A MOV is what you would send to the CRA. Do some research on MOVs. You'll learn that unless you're planning on suing the CRA that's reporting the TL, the MOV is pretty much toilet paper. The data furnisher (Household in your case) could care less about a MOV...b/c it doesn't apply to them.