removing a CA's BBB plaque

begoniafone

before I ever found this site, I went into a CA to get debt validation.. I had several employees behind a window yelling at me when I looked over and noticed there plaque, I made it a point of argument and couldn't believe they were a member!! I wanted to take it and run off, but instead looked them up and found they aren't a member.. today I recieve this email.

Mr. *****,

***** is no longer a member to the Better Business Bureau. They were a member in the past so that is why they have a membership plaque. I will get in contact with the company about removing the plaque from their place of business. Thank you for the information.

Thanks,

Director of Membership Services

Better Business Bureau Serving Eastern Oklahoma

I will get the real last laugh though if this is ever removed from my credit. I have one question, If they handed me an itemized bill with pictures, is this just as good as certified mail?? there were witneses as well.

Always remember that most courts will accept a CA's claim of mailing a letter to you, or, any other type of communication. Why is because it is a "normal" part of their operation. This is why we, as consumers, must send CMRR, so as to protect ourselves since courts will not believe us as easily. It is also the reason we say to always note the day, time, name, and main points of conversations when called on the phone. Protection, period! To include, a couple of years ago, a CA joined this site only to be sent with their tail between their legs due to their threads. But, while here, this CA bragged as to how he would just throw away any letter not sent CMRR and did not contain a payment. You get the drift.

Having worked for the BBB in my checkered past, I can tell you the one main criteria for who gets to be a member...who's pays for the membership.

BBB is not your friend. Their one and only goal is to collect dues. When forced, they will carry your complaint to the offending member, but they have no power, nor interest, to do anything about it.

In case I haven't made myself clear...being a member of the BBB does not gurantee the company is reputable. Yet another scam foist on the american people...

before I ever found this site, I went into a CA to get debt validation.. I had several employees behind a window yelling at me
I'm just amazed that you went in person to visit the CA. A brave soul, you were, because they were sure to outnumber you! :?

Out of curiosity I attended a job fair the other day. One of the companies there was Boulder Credit Services, a CA and junk debt buyer. I couldn't resist leaning in and listening to what their rep had to say to the group around her. She said that their job would be to "let people know about a past-due debt and to convince them to pay it...following the law, of course." However, I did a search and don't find them mentioned on this site, so perhaps they are the 1 in a 1000 CA that does play fair.

Willing, what was your job at the BBB?