Freezing of bank accounts?

BigHair

I keep reading about freezing of bank accounts when people are being sued. Does that happen very often? I can't tell if it does or doesn't by reading the threads. Additionally, does it happen before or after a judgement is made? I keep thinking I should pull all of my money out of my personal account (the ones with my name only on them). Fortunately, we have bank accounts with his name on his and my name on mine so I think that's good in case they do freeze anything. I am fighting this but I'm worried because I've read some things here where accounts have been frozen pre-hearings. :-(

Thoughts? And thanks.

Depends on where you live in my state it is not allowed until judgement.. (except in tax or child support cases) PA is pretty consumer friendly but I am not sure about the laws regarding it..

as far as pulling money out of your account if you are on a joint account money can still be pulled... doesnt matter whose name is on it.. as long as you are one of those people.

Pre judgement from what I Read happens more in NY and I think NJ.. they can also take double the amount out... honestly call your AG and ask them... or find the state laws pertaining to this...