growingupbunnie

Reporting Old Charge Offs

Hi I was wondering if:

A) An account reporting that is was charged-off/sold/transferred is counted as a bad debt or good tradeline

B) If an account reporting as a charge-off/sold/transferred is indeed considered a bad debt, what are the best grounds to get this removed?

C) How long can a CB report accounts that are charge-off/sold/transferred? 7 or 10 years?

All insight appreciated...THANK YOU!

Hi I was wondering if:

A) An account reporting that is was charged-off/sold/transferred is counted as a bad debt or good tradeline

B) If an account reporting as a charge-off/sold/transferred is indeed considered a bad debt, what are the best grounds to get this removed?

C) How long can a CB report accounts that are charge-off/sold/transferred? 7 or 10 years?

All insight appreciated...THANK YOU!

A) a charge off/sold/transfered is a BAD tradeline.

c) check the DOLA and then add 7.5 years to the date. Also fla SOl is 4 years for open accounts. If it is longer than 4 years since you last paid, I would dispute them as not mine and see what happens. If the SOL has not passed, then you have to worry about waking the dragon CA/OC

B) 7.5 years from the DOLA.

bad TL

Try negotiating a positive standing if PIF or offer a PFD w/ the OC

7½ from DOFD

Hi I was wondering if:

For some reason EXPERIAN reports only [7 years + 1 month] from DOLA

or exactly [7 years] from DOFD.

I am having a very difficult time removing these accounts on Experian & Equifax. They refuse to delete these accounts that are too old to be reporting. All of the accounts are 7.5 years old. Experian & Equifax are only "updating" the account after multiple certified letter requests. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get these off?

I'm not absolutely sure, but, we could be stumbling over semantics here.

An account that is shown as "transferred/sold to another lender" MAY NOT be a bad tradeline in and of itself. Mortgages do that all the time. These TLs will survive the 7-1/2 yr rules because they're not bad.

However, if it also includes "Bad debt" or some such notation, then it probably is a bad TL. I'm not sure if just "charge off" is enough to signal that.

I'd suggest you go with how they're classified on your reports.

ok just so that i am clear:

"transferred/sold" is a a) negative factoring account B) positive tradeline

"charge-off" is a a) negative factoring account B) positive tradeline

and if these are considered positive tradelines does this mean they can be reported for 10 years?

does balance also factor in to what these are considered...for instance if it is a 0 balance "chargeoff" as opposed to a $1282 balance "chargeoff" does that make it a positive tradeline?