Filing a lawsuit In Forma Pauperis (IFP)?

Have any of you filed your suits IFP? I am a student with very limited income, so the $350 federal filing fee would be a serious pain for me.

I understand that the judge reviews your case before granting your motion to file IFP. How likely is an FDCPA/FCRA case to get approved, considering that these are "technical violations" (as opposed to abuses of my civil rights or something of that nature)?

Have any of you filed your suits IFP? I am a student with very limited income, so the $350 federal filing fee would be a serious pain for me.

I understand that the judge reviews your case before granting your motion to file IFP. How likely is an FDCPA/FCRA case to get approved, considering that these are "technical violations" (as opposed to abuses of my civil rights or something of that nature)?

Correction. The judges never see anything. Some law clerk or judicial assistance reviews your case and grants or denies your motion. You gotta get pass the clerk to proceed. The clerks are running this country. Not the elected officials or appointed judges !!! :)

Good Luck.

Correction. The judges never see anything. Some law clerk or judicial assistance reviews your case and grants or denies your motion. You gotta get pass the clerk to proceed. The clerks are running this country. Not the elected officials or appointed judges !!! :)

Good Luck.

Can we get this here?icon_tinfoil.gif

Clerks cannot sign Orders. Whether or not we agree, to make it official or legally binding, Judges will simply "add" their signature to Orders that is presented by the Clerk who is running their office.

So, June, how do they do this without seeing anything?

Huh?

Sheesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by June

Clerks cannot sign Orders. Whether or not we agree, to make it official or legally binding, Judges will simply "add" their signature to Orders that is presented by the Clerk who is running their office.:roll:

Yeah, but you said "The judges never see anything." -- which is clearly BS.

Whoops, my mistake. Bad choice of words. The Judges must "see" the Order to sign it. Duh?

And another thing:

If you're IFP pro se, the opposing attorney drafts the "proposed" SJ Order which is presented to the judge for his signature only. And bam!!! The law clerk grants Summary Judgment for the defendant. How's that for federal BS in Florida !!!