Jump to content

Judge Said to Work it Out


Recommended Posts

So I went to Civil Court the other day (in Queens, NY) to answer a summons from Cohen & Slamowitz for a Capital One account. When meeting with the judge I explained to him a previous situation where my checking account was frozen by C&S but that it was due to an error on their part (wrong person they were tried to sue). Now the judge has given C&S and myself till mid May to work out a deal...

I have DV'd them and they provided appropriate paperwork (previous statements etc.) and I have a bit of cash saved up to work something out. How would I go about settling/paying this debt with the best outcome on my part? Cap One has been on my CR since 2003 and I rather have this handled now and not go into court.

Many thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Usually the two of you can draw up something in writing and file it with the court. Something like:





The defendant agrees as follows:

1. To pay the sum of $1,000 in 5 equal installments of $200 beginning on X and ending on X;

2. If you fail to make payments they may enter a judgment for the sum of X dollars;

3. If you pay accordingly then they agree to notify the court to dismiss;

4. If the court is not informed by X date then the matter is to be marked as closed and they agree to dismiss;

5. The court may issue an order approving this stipulation;




Edited by kevin3344
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.