CA after OC falls off?

ba0501

I just read over the 7-year (or 7 1/2) reporting period in the FCRA. Is there anywhere in the FCRA that specifically says that any CA account associated with an OC account must fall off when the OC account falls off due to the reporting period being up? I have a CA account still reporting even though the OC has fallen off. I just called and spoke to an experian rep and we went round and round on this. He was saying that the CA account was its own separate account and could report for its own 7-year period. I had to be kinda polite and delicate with him because he said it was due to fall off in Aug 07. I told him that this could go on forever. He said yep, if you don't pay it, it can. I hope(don't think I did) cause more trouble because I told him by his thinking, this account should stay on till 2010 because it was opened and started reporting in 03. He then backtracked and babbled something about the credit furnisher. I just agreed because I didn't want him to change it to were it would fall off in 2010. Anybody got in advice?

First off-Experian 'Just reports what is sent to them'. Someone can send in that your occupation is 'Alien Cowboy' and they would report it.

So, that being said-any CA can report any account they purchase. They can report it as theirs and with any dates they want to 're-age' the account so that it looks legit. This is why you DV the CA.

While the Experian Rep was probably an idiot, he was correct in saying that the two accounts are seperate and so they will have their own reporting dates. Remember-if you pay a CA, you are re-tolling the account. It has it's own dates. It cannot however 'go on forever'. The re-aging of the account can, but that is illegal and why you DV someone.

I understand the re-aging part, but what I really want to know is there anywhere in the FCRA that specifically says a CA must fall off at the same time as the OC. I read it but didn't see anything that mentioned an account associated with the OC must come off also at the same time.

It all boils down to the DOFMD. The date the 7 1/2 yr reporting begins in regards to a deliquent account. That date can never be changed. The CA has effectively reaged your account. Do you have copies of old CRs with the OC showing what they were reporting as DOFMD???? The CA can show a DO date of when they purchased the account, but they have to use the original DOFMD from the OC. They also only have 90 days to report that date.