BOA reporting open card that is closed

mwally007

Hi guys,

My worst (but paid off account) is my BOA one. I called them yesterday and they confirmed the account was closed. However, they continue to report it to EQ and EX as open with a zero balance. They have been reporting this for about 9 months now (it's been closed the whole time).

First of all, is this a violation of any sort?

Secondly, if it is a violation, do you think I can get them to remove the entire tradeline? It has 3 150+ days late from about 2 years ago.

Thanks for all your help guys!

First of all, is this a violation of any sort?

It's called inaccurate reporting.

Secondly, if it is a violation, do you think I can get them to remove the entire tradeline? It has 3 150+ days late from about 2 years ago.

The violation in itself isn't going to convince BOA to delete the entire TL. All they'll do is correct it by reporting it closed. The older the lates get, the less they'll hurt you. If this account has some history attached to it, I'd say leave it alone. Closing it may ding your score (however, your score will recover w/ time). Deleting the TL is even worse b/c you'll be losing the history and the last 2yrs of good payment reporting. But if you want it updated as "closed", then dispute it w/ the CRAs. If it's still not corrected, then dispute directly w/ BOA.