Motion to Vacate Judgment and wage garnishment

resse4JC

did you ask the court to stay any enforcement proceedings pending the motion? Did you serve the other side with copies of your motion?

No I have not, I have a date for my motion to vacate, and I am officially filing those papers on Friday. Just so you know, this is in Cali. So are you saying I will need to do a stay in order to prevent any potential garnishments? Thanks again for any help.

-Resse

• 1 month later...

So I am bumping this question back again because I have some new information and a new question. Recently, the CA's lawyer filed for a Writ of Execution. Although I have filed my motion to vacate and stay any proceedings until the motion is heard, the CA's went ahead and filed their Writ.

So my question is- Can they do that? Can they go ahead and proceed with trying to garnish my wages and freeze by bank accounts even though I specifically asked for that not to happen until the motion to vacate is heard? Any help will be appreciated.

Resse4JC