Jump to content

Anyone know of the special Providian letter ?


Recommended Posts


someone posted on here how they called Providian requesting that all their records be sent to them. What happens is that Providian alot of times cannot provide this because they no longer have it and they have to send you a letter stating they do not have this information ( it has a name.) Once you ask the CRA's to verify a providian acct and they do you can send this letter to the CRA's asking "how could you possibly verify this acct ?" Everyone knows that Providian always verifies by the push of a button in like one day. If anyone knows of this letter I would greatly appreciate a copy or the link to the thread...Thanks a million.......:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is from another thread... Thanks to THOMASSL


The Method

After this experience, I did a little more investigation on the credit bureau's methods of investigation and someone pointed me to the Bennett testimony. Based on my own experience and what I learned, I came up with the following procedure which seems to be working for people:

1. Challenge the listing in the normal way.

2. If verified, with a copy of the investigation result in hand, call the CRA at the toll-free number listed at the top of the report. (If not, you're done, you lucky dog!)

3. Give the report reference number and ask for method of verification per FCRA Section 611(a)(7) .

4. They will have never called the OC (original creditor), but will have relied on a third party database to verify, which they may or may not admit to you. If they can't cite solid evidence like "we called the OC and they verified", ask for OC's phone number.

5. Call OC and ask for the records.

6. If the OC doesn't have them (they will typically tell you that the collection agency has them and they don't keep them), get the person's name and direct line. If they do have them, demand a copy under the new FACTA act.

7. If you are sent records, review them and see how good they are. If they are not conclusive, take the next step.

8. If the OC has no records

o Call the CRA back and tell them the OC has no records.

o Inform the CRA that they need to open another dispute. The new information for the dispute is the name and number of the person to whom you have just called at the OC.

o If they refuse, inform them you will sue for willful non-compliance under section FCRA § 616.

o If they still refuse, send the information via certified letter along with an intent to sue letter. If not, they will give you a new confirmation number (write it down! and the date!). This acts as a new investigation, and the CRA has 30 days to get back to you.

9. If you have written records proving the OC can't back up the negative listing(s) they are reporting on your credit report

o send them registered mail to the CRA along with an intent to sue letter if the account is not removed.

Hope this helps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nikro, why dont you take a stab at it and let us know how it turns out 8-)

Tmac01 you too be a lab rat and let us know if it works :rolleyes:

I am going to try it, but in April if the original credit is removed no need to try. If not, i will try it then..

Oh, trust me! Im thinking about it! I will definately report back. Now, since it is DH's credit I am trying to repair--I just have to convince him to make all the phone calls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.