American Agencies Inventing The Balance Owed

DB_Cooper

I decided to begin anew in cleaning up my credit reports a couple of weeks ago and requested copies of my three credit bureau reports and challenging all of the negative information on there.

Today I received a letter from American Agencies titled "CREDIT REPORTING DISPUTE".

In it they state that they have investigated my dispute (they only say "Experian and/or Transunion credit reporting agencies" - it's a form letter) and that they "are unable to confirm an error" and that their reporting is "warranted".

This is on an old phone bill from a failed business with a date of last payment sometime in 2001. The origional balence was about $150 but their letter states that the principal owed is $1,298.49 and that I also owe and additional $1,068.73 in interest. :shock:

Riiiiight.

Finally, they ask that I send them all of my records on this in order to "help them help me". :roll: Fat chance! :lol:

I'm pretty sure those clowns have no information other than what they have made-up and keyed into their computer terminal.

So, do I start the validation process now?

What's my next move on this one? :confused:

Hi DB,

I have 2 accounts from American Agencies and they have yet to reply to 3 DV's, so I may have to sue them. I researched each account thoroughly (similar issues to yours) and then sent Experian this letter:

Experian

NCAC

P.O. Box 9701

Allen, TX 75013- 9556

February 5, 2007

Sent via USPS Certified Mail; Article Tracking Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Dear Experian:

I contacted your office last year to dispute an inaccurate item on my Experian credit report. I am contacting you now to provide new information on this dispute. Experian shows an account on my credit report from “American Agencies” with the following info:

American Agencies PB Pac Bell Account # xxxxxxx

In addition to disputing this information with Experian, I contacted American Agencies for legal validation of this account with the enclosed letter – and have received no response at all. I also tried to contact the alleged original creditor Pac Bell (Pacific Bell), but they were purchased by SBC Communications. I then tried to contact SBC to verify this account,

but SBC was purchased by AT&T. I contacted AT&T, and they have no record of this account.

I also have no record of this account from this creditor for this date for this amount.

I have tried over the course of the last 2 years to receive some sort of proof of this alleged debt from American Agencies, and have received no legal reply – not even an invoice or bill or even a proper statement from the referenced original creditor PB PacBell.

This account is not valid, does not belong to me, and has not been legally verified to Experian or properly reported on to me per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, despite written and phoned requests to all parties, their successors and assigns. Please assist me in keeping my credit profile accurate by deleting the inaccurate account known as American Agencies Account # xxxxxxx from my credit report.

Thank you for your assistance!

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxx

I have yet to receive a reply from Experian on this, but if these 2 items are not removed (nearly the last of my negatives) it might be my first reason to file lawsuits. Good luck with these guys. You could always tell them you were indisposed since jumping out of a plane several years ago...

• 1 year later...
I decided to begin anew in cleaning up my credit reports a couple of weeks ago and requested copies of my three credit bureau reports and challenging all of the negative information on there.

Today I received a letter from American Agencies titled "CREDIT REPORTING DISPUTE".

In it they state that they have investigated my dispute (they only say "Experian and/or Transunion credit reporting agencies" - it's a form letter) and that they "are unable to confirm an error" and that their reporting is "warranted".

This is on an old phone bill from a failed business with a date of last payment sometime in 2001. The origional balence was about $150 but their letter states that the principal owed is $1,298.49 and that I also owe and additional $1,068.73 in interest. :shock:

Riiiiight.

Finally, they ask that I send them all of my records on this in order to "help them help me". :roll: Fat chance! :lol:

I'm pretty sure those clowns have no information other than what they have made-up and keyed into their computer terminal.

So, do I start the validation process now?

What's my next move on this one? :confused:

I know this is a little off topic, but that Avatar you have there is spooky. Are you a CA? :evil:

• 7 months later...