New w/ judgement issue

february

Hi- Please help if you can. Thanks to you guys after 1 week I already have two deletes. Hub had a judgement filed in Aug 06 for a repo with Household. Collect America bought and we are now dealing with Buffaloe and Associates lawyers. Judgement was filed as agreement because we worked out payment arrangements with BUFF. before court. BUFF told us that there was no need for us to show up in court because we had reached an agreement. Hub and I now realize what idiots we were. Starting balance on our account was $11509.65 w/ court costs- after payments totaling $1500.00 our balance is today $11096.92. At this rate we will never get this thing off our backs. I've sent a DV to Household for the charge off. Any advice on what next? Thanks

BUFF told us that there was no need for us to show up in court because we had reached an agreement.

I hope that you got this in writing! Right now the best thing to do is to settle for much less than 11k if you can. Maybe if you get a 2k tax return, put it with another 3k and be done with it.

________

WEB SHOWS

Edited by kevin3344

BUFF told us over the phone we didn't need to show up. So I didn't get it in writing but did email a follow up stating that per our phone call we would not go to court as agreed.

We offered to settle for $4000. Collect America says bottom dollar is $8500.

Is there any point in DV'ing Household for the charge off amount and to also DV Collect America and Buffaloe? We are also considering vacating/ appealing the judgement based on the amount and BUFF's misinformation. Is that possible?

No point in DVing now...I would look at trying to get the judgment vacated. Were you served properly? Improper service might be grounds for having it vacated.

If you try to get a judgment vacated based on misinformation it will be their word against yours...not sure that will hold up in court. Seems like they want to negotiate, although you are far apart on an amount at this point. Whatever negotiations you do from this point on, I would do in writing.

________

CollegeBrunete live

Edited by kevin3344