What info should be included my a DV letter?

myscoresawful

First of all, I just wanted to say you guys are AWESOME! I have learned so much in the past few days from being in here. One of the hardest things I've learned is that I shouldn't have been sitting here doing nothing the last couple of years just because I didn't think there was anything I could do about some of my TLs.

I've tried in the past to have Equifax validate something, but it came back "yes we verified, it's yours"...and I thought that was all I could do.

So, now, I am going to be sending out my first batch of DVs to CAs tomorrow and I would like to make sure I give them enough info about me, so that it doesn't come back at the end of 30 days "we need more info"....at the same time, I don't want to give them any "extra ammo" by volunteering too much.

Should I include my SSN? The reason I ask is because the account/ref number on my Equifax report shows several numbers and then the last 4 or 5 are all Xs, so I'm not sure if it will be enough.

Please advise? Thanks!

April

More experienced people are welcome to correct me, but myself, I wouldn't give them any info they don't already have. It is their job to prove you owe a debt, so why give them any help when they usually don't have the documentation or are too lazy to get the info that links you to the debt they are trying to collect?

If they write back saying they need more info, it seems to me they haven't validated. That's the whole point of validation - they have to prove they are hassling the right person.

More experienced people are welcome to correct me, but myself, I wouldn't give them any info they don't already have. It is their job to prove you owe a debt, so why give them any help when they usually don't have the documentation or are too lazy to get the info that links you to the debt they are trying to collect?

If they write back saying they need more info, it seems to me they haven't validated. That's the whole point of validation - they have to prove they are hassling the right person.

So when trying to validate a debt just put your name address and thats about it? I have sent out 2 dv emails to which the lady emailed me back and asked for our address which I gave her, I got a letter within a week saying it was deleted. I also disputed a few things online which I think was a mistake, they came back saying validated, I am sending them hand written letters this week.

I would like to make sure I give them enough info about me, so that it doesn't come back at the end of 30 days "we need more info"....at the same time, I don't want to give them any "extra ammo" by volunteering too much.

Should I include my SSN? April

What I'm trying to avoid here is them sending it back saying they need more info because they don't know *which* TL I'm referring to.

They could have several people in their system with my name, so that wouldn't be enough, and I'm not sure the Xs at the end of the account number are what sets my account apart from the other people with my name in their data base.

Thanks anyway, I will try it with one and see what happens, can only post pone it another 30 days I guess.