help w/DV letter phrasing

i'm using the DV sample letter from this site found here: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter9.shtml

in the first line it says "This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on September 30, 2002". BUT, i don't have notices from the CA's in hand--i know they sent me some a long time ago but i don't have them anymore (these debts are around 1.5 years old). should i just change that part to say "This letter is being sent to you in response to a Collections entry discovered on my credit report as of February 27, 2007"? is there a better way of phrasing that?

thank you!

also, on my credit report i have two TL's from the same CA, with 2 different account numbers and amounts owed. can I address both of those in the same DV letter, or should I send 2 different letters, one for each account?

last, i am incredibly confused about disputing with the CRA's and DV'ing the CA's--i have sent my disputes off to the CRA's, should i do the DV's *now* or wait until i hear back from the CRA's about the disputes? i searched and searched and everyone seems to say something different--the site says to do it at the same time, some people say to wait until you hear back from the CRA's re: the disputes before you send the DV letters...

i'm using the DV sample letter from this site found here: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter9.shtml

in the first line it says "This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on September 30, 2002". BUT, i don't have notices from the CA's in hand--i know they sent me some a long time ago but i don't have them anymore (these debts are around 1.5 years old). should i just change that part to say "This letter is being sent to you in response to a Collections entry discovered on my credit report as of February 27, 2007"? is there a better way of phrasing that?

thank you!

also, on my credit report i have two TL's from the same CA, with 2 different account numbers and amounts owed. can I address both of those in the same DV letter, or should I send 2 different letters, one for each account?

last, i am incredibly confused about disputing with the CRA's and DV'ing the CA's--i have sent my disputes off to the CRA's, should i do the DV's *now* or wait until i hear back from the CRA's about the disputes? i searched and searched and everyone seems to say something different--the site says to do it at the same time, some people say to wait until you hear back from the CRA's re: the disputes before you send the DV letters...

1. "This letter is being sent to you in response to a Collections entry discovered on my credit report as of February 27, 2007"- That is an acceptable way of phrasing- as to why you are DVing them.

Since you say they sent you notices a while back- that does mean the CAs do not have to respond to your DVs. The rules are per the FDCPA sec 809- when a CA sends you that initial letter informing you of their collection of your alleged debt- they have a 30 day window in which they must allow you to respond/DV and it is only when you respond timely that you have the advantage of making them validate or violate within 30 days of recieving your DV

With that being said- NEVER admit to receiving anything from them prior to your DVing. Act as thought seeing it on your CR is the first you know of the CAs. You have to "play dumb". So, if they don't respond right away- don't get discouraged.

2. I would send separate DV letters for each account #/TL

3. Wait until you get your CRs back after disputing to send your DVs to the CAs. Who knows, maybe when you disputed- one or 2 of your CAs may not have been able to verify and "poof" it may be gone from your CR. Don't wake the "sleeping giant" if you don't have to. Besides, you probably want to make it seem as though you found those CAs on your report and automatically disputed because you don't know where they came from.

Read Read Read this thread to help you decipher thru the confusion:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263069

Hope this helps!

thank you gypsie--your post was immensely helpful! i guess now i'll just sit back and wait the 30 days to see what happens with my disputes. i'm hoping i'll get lucky and at least one of them will get deleted but we'll see--either way i'll be okay, i (mostly) have the funds to pay this stuff off and all i want is a clean CR!

This post was very helpful to me as well. I have some CA's on my CR's that i need rid of.

So after reading this post i will be disputing these CA items with the CRA's first but what should i be sending the CRA's?

Should I send them a letter Cert. Mail that I am "disputing" these items?

or

Should I send them a letter Cert. Mail that I am asking that they get "validation" on these items?

or are those both the same thing?

Can anyone who has sent a letter like this to the CRA's give me the gist of what it should say?

Thanks for any help you can give.

I can use that letter to dispute an item with the CRA's. I thought that was the letter i would sent to the CA's????

You are right, that is the letter to send to the CAs.

You can dispute a variety of ways and yes- you are disputing:

If you want to dispute in writing CMRRR, there is really no "set" form to use. All 3 of the CRAs have a form that you can print off of their websites. I personally have used TU's form once- because I needed to send them proof.

There is a sample form here:http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter5.shtml

It's short and sweet and to the point, just "tweek" it to fit your situation.

If you choose to dispute online - the dispute page for each CRA gives a drop down menu for you to choose from a list of reasons as to why you are disputing. You can print what your disputing if you need to.

You are right, that is the letter to send to the CAs.

You can dispute a variety of ways:

If you want to dispute in writing CMRRR, there is really no "set" form to use. All 3 of the CRAs have a form that you can print off of their websites. I personally have used TU's form once- because I needed to send them proof.

There is a sample form here:http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter5.shtml

It's short and sweet and to the point, just "tweek" it to fit your situation.

If you choose to dispute online - the dispute page for each CRA gives a drop down menu for you to choose from a list of reasons as to why you are disputing. You can print what your disputing if you need to.

I wouldn't use this letter in his situation. When do a DV, all you need is a letter explaning that the CA did not respond and attach the proof.

This letter is more of "good faith innaccurate info" removal.

I wouldn't use this letter in his situation. When do a DV, all you need is a letter explaning that the CA did not respond and attach the proof.

This letter is more of "good faith innaccurate info" removal.

In her post, Pinkeysas says: "So after reading this post i will be disputing these CA items with the CRA's first but what should i be sending the CRA's?"

Hence the word- FIRST. I take that to mean she is only disputing the TLs with the 3 CRAs. If she is following the first post I made in reference to the OP's questions- I put DIVE's link on there that specifically mentions to dispute with the 3 CRAs first. As far as I can tell from her posts- She has not DV'd her CAs yet. So, therefore that letter you mention will do her no good, and actually make her seem as though she has DV'd each CA when she has not mentioned that she has done this already.

If I'm wrong, then I digress

Gypsie you are correct. I have not sent out any DV letters to the CA's. I thought it best to make them prove it to the CRA's first. Is that what you think i should do?

I thought I would it something like this......................

CRA so and so

132 blah blah lane

anytown, USA

To Whome it may concern:

I am contacting you by cert mail after viewing my (insert CRA name) Credit Report in February 2007. I noticed that there are 3 items listed with Collection Agencies that do not look familiar to me, I have no recollection of ever having these accounts and the dates are unfamiliar to me.

Please validate that the following items are being listed correctly and are in fact valid debts.

CA name

amount owed

CA name

amount owed

CA name

amount owed

Sincerely,

Jane Doe

*******in previous posts on this website i have read that even if the debt sounds like it might be familiar you should play dumb in order to try to catch them on something else that might get it deleted from your CR.

*******I have also read that you should NOT dispute anything online with the CRA's because some of them bind you into undisclosed terms to the debt your disputing or something odd like that.

*********If there is anything i should do differently please let me know.

Thanks again so much for everyones input.

Gypsie you are correct. I have not sent out any DV letters to the CA's. I thought it best to make them prove it to the CRA's first. Is that what you think i should do?

I thought I would it something like this......................

CRA so and so

132 blah blah lane

anytown, USA

To Whome it may concern:

I am contacting you by cert mail after viewing my (insert CRA name) Credit Report in February 2007. I noticed that there are 3 items listed with Collection Agencies that do not look familiar to me, I have no recollection of ever having these accounts and the dates are unfamiliar to me.

Please validate that the following items are being listed correctly and are in fact valid debts.

CA name

amount owed

CA name

amount owed

CA name

amount owed

Sincerely,

Jane Doe

*******in previous posts on this website i have read that even if the debt sounds like it might be familiar you should play dumb in order to try to catch them on something else that might get it deleted from your CR.

*******I have also read that you should NOT dispute anything online with the CRA's because some of them bind you into undisclosed terms to the debt your disputing or something odd like that.

*********If there is anything i should do differently please let me know.

Thanks again so much for everyones input.

I think you are on the right track. Don't forget to include the account #s

Good luck! xdancexxdancex