paying a debt that's *not* on my CR

whitknee

i apologize if this is the wrong forum, i couldn't figure out whether to post it here or in the Collections forum :oops:

i received what i guess is a collections notice from a law office for $49.47 for a check i bounced (it is postmarked January 12th but i just now have the funds in order to pay it). it basically says, if i want to dispute the matter to contact them within 30 days--the 30 days is now up, but i wasn't going to dispute it anyway as it's valid--otherwise if i want to settle with them for the full amount of $49.47, send them a money order or cashier's check. anyway, this debt is NOT showing up on my credit report as of now, and i want to pay it immediately (i'm planning on getting the MO tomorrow and mailing it) in hopes that it will NEVER show up on my CR. my question is, should i just send off a money order with their little payment coupon included, OR do i need to write up a whole letter to ensure that they will never report this as a Negative on my CR? i'd rather be safe than sorry, definitely.

and if i do need to send a letter, what exactly does it need to say? i am not so great with legal terms and can't find a sample letter that seems to fit my exact needs for this situation.

You're located in the state of "dont mess with texas".

This is not a matter of a OC or CA, this is the l-a-w. Bounced checks are handled through JP courts and as the above post states, they will very much send out an arrest warrant. I used to work at a bonding agency and high school students have been arrested AT SCHOOL for amounts less than $85. So yes, pay this ASAP.