Experian and Collect America....Is this even possible????

chilton1

I sent a DV to Astra business and collect America. Collect America hired astra to collect on an account because they cant collect in Illinois.

I DV both Astra and Collect America. My green tickets both came back. The Collect america came back yesterday and I disputed online at experian last night. Astra is not on my report on collect america.

Now is it even possible that they investigated and verified today--one day??? they updated the account and increased the balance by more than 1000 now over 3000.

They (astra or collect america ) never responded to my DV. Did they just violate by updating without responding to my timely DV.

What do i do now? Do I wait for the 30 days before i send another DV or do I just send another one now since they have verified with the CRA?

I just want them to disappear.

thanks for all your help

Now is it even possible that they investigated and verified today--one day??? they updated the account and increased the balance by more than 1000 now over 3000.

Don't take "investigate" too literally when it comes to CRAs 'investigation' methods. They use a computerized system called eOscar to verify consumers' disputes. You can do a search for more info on how eOscar actually works (and I use the term "works" very loosely). But yes...since they use a computer to verify disputes, it can be done in one day. Does that make the information accurate? Not always, which leaves it up to the consumer to do what it takes to make sure their reports are accurate.

They (astra or collect america ) never responded to my DV. Did they just violate by updating without responding to my timely DV.

Yes.

What do i do now? Do I wait for the 30 days before i send another DV or do I just send another one now since they have verified with the CRA?

No need to wait 30 days. A 2nd DV is sent after either the "investigation" is complete or after 30-45 days, whichever comes first. Since they have already verified, send another brief yet firm DV letting them know that they have verified w/ the CRA that the information is correct but have not forwarded the proof you requested that the info on your report is indeed accurate. No need telling them that they have violated the FDCPA under so & so section so they need to delete the TL. They should know the law and you would want to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

• 1 year later...
I sent a DV to Astra business and collect America. Collect America hired astra to collect on an account because they cant collect in Illinois.

I DV both Astra and Collect America. My green tickets both came back. The Collect america came back yesterday and I disputed online at experian last night. Astra is not on my report on collect america.

I just want them to disappear.

thanks for all your help

Chilton, who is on your reports Collect America or Astra? If it is Collect America of course you have them on violations, if not you still may have them on violations due to the fact that they are not licensed in your state and still trying to enforce and collect on debt when they have no legal right to do so, I would C&D(FOAD Version) them. I would shoot off an ITS to Astra based on the 1-2 punch for no response to your timely DV, if no response in another 15 days go file on them in SCS. Good Luck!!! Just my opinion