Questions about Capital Management Services

learlywine

Got a phone call last night from a female at their office. Wanted to speak to me. I said this is she. She said they have been contracted by Arrow Financial to collect on a Providian M/C of mine. I told her that I had DV'd Arrow and never received anything back and I wouldn't discuss the issue with her until I had something in writing from them too. She said but you owe the debt, you know you do and I said I don't know anything that is why you need to send me something in writing, let me review it and I will get back to you. She said well, we'll just start the lien process and blah, blah, and I said this conversation is over and I hung up the phone. She didn't call back. I have researched this site and read everything I could find on CMS, and here is my question....should I send a DV & limited C&D to them without having first received anything in writing from CMS? Also, when this woman first called she didn't say the usual this is an attempt to collect a debt, etc... Any and all help would be appreciated!

Got a phone call last night from a female at their office. Wanted to speak to me. I said this is she. She said they have been contracted by Arrow Financial to collect on a Providian M/C of mine. I told her that I had DV'd Arrow and never received anything back and I wouldn't discuss the issue with her until I had something in writing from them too. She said but you owe the debt, you know you do and I said I don't know anything that is why you need to send me something in writing, let me review it and I will get back to you. She said well, we'll just start the lien process and blah, blah, and I said this conversation is over and I hung up the phone. She didn't call back. I have researched this site and read everything I could find on CMS, and here is my question....should I send a DV & limited C&D to them without having first received anything in writing from CMS? Also, when this woman first called she didn't say the usual this is an attempt to collect a debt, etc... Any and all help would be appreciated!

Did you record the conversation? Did you write everything down including time, date, how long the call lasted, her name, company, address (did you ask for it?) what she said?

If so, that's a lovely FDCPA claim.

Now, CMS is to send you a letter w/in 5 days of contacting you. But as we all know, that'll never happen.

Contact an FDCPA attorney in your area at www.naca.net. If you'd like a personal reference, please PM me.