Can I still get approved?

ladyk

cleaned up my credit thanks to this forum. went from 520 to 696 (wohoo). DH has a 690 and we got approved by BOA for a mortgage but it expired because we could not find a home that we liked. We want to reapply but I am sacred to tell him that my score dropped 100+ points (to a 586) due to me opening a few new cards. I was trying to boost my score, not kill it. He has some of his cards on my credit because they are joint accounts, so Along with my score is 15 cards on good standing and 2 baddies (old stuff about to drop off end of this year, 1 late pay and 1 6 yr old charge off) My question is, will the mortgage people look at the good things about my credit as opposed to the score. The problem is too many new accounts. Also, is there anything I can do to bost my score 50 or so points in the next month. I know in 6 months or so it should come back up but I cannot wait 6 months to move. Any advice???

cleaned up my credit thanks to this forum. went from 520 to 696 (wohoo). DH has a 690 and we got approved by BOA for a mortgage but it expired because we could not find a home that we liked. We want to reapply but I am sacred to tell him that my score dropped 100+ points (to a 586) due to me opening a few new cards. I was trying to boost my score, not kill it. He has some of his cards on my credit because they are joint accounts, so Along with my score is 15 cards on good standing and 2 baddies (old stuff about to drop off end of this year, 1 late pay and 1 6 yr old charge off) My question is, will the mortgage people look at the good things about my credit as opposed to the score. The problem is too many new accounts. Also, is there anything I can do to bost my score 50 or so points in the next month. I know in 6 months or so it should come back up but I cannot wait 6 months to move. Any advice???

Did DH's score drop too?

If not, then Firstsource could probably do a No Ratio for DH.