Any thoughts about lexingtonlaw chargeoff help??

dealornodeal

Hi guys...

just came across this Credit Repair Service. http://www.lexingtonlaw.com/about-lexington-law/about.html

Any experience with them?

I am just looking around , don't know if I can do my 13 accounts all by myself:( Eventually I need a lawyer or something. But that's difficult if you don't have the money. Are there any paralegal that work in that arena?

I was hoping that some members from this board is available to offer help for a fee.

I am overwhelmed........

Thanks

LL charges you for stuff you can do for free, and BETTER, by yourself. All they do is send out form letters for expensive prices. I've heard complaints that they do not SAVE the letters, or COPY you in them, so the customer has NO idea what they are doing and when. In addition, I've read complaints that they have accidently disputed GOOD trade lines.

LL charges you for stuff you can do for free, and BETTER, by yourself. All they do is send out form letters for expensive prices. I've heard complaints that they do not SAVE the letters, or COPY you in them, so the customer has NO idea what they are doing and when. In addition, I've read complaints that they have accidently disputed GOOD trade lines.

I used them for a short time, and not once did I receive any documents of what they were doing, I'm not sure they did ANYTHING.

I actually signed up with them recently. I used them years back and did get some good resluts, which is why I am using them again. Though you can't see what letters they are using or sending out, you can track what they disputed online. They upload all of your negative items from your credit reports and you see what they disputed, when and when to expect your updated reports back. They have case reviews and you can keep track as you go along.

I have like 13 bad accounts on two of my reports and don't have the time nor the energy to do this on my own either. I started off doing this myself and didn't get very far. I'm just very impatient and need results a little quicker. I also signed up for the second level plan.

But yes, you can do this stuff on your own.

The problem is...like with ardellw...there are some people who have had satisfactory results with people like this. There are indeed flat out rip off artists in the industry, but then, like LexLaw, there are people who have a select group of OCs and CAs that they can get good results with.

Even the "debt fixers" who claim to be able to settle your debts for 30-40%do serve a purpose...I've personally tried to tell people the rest of the story with these guys...but they can save you money (just not as much as they claim, and they do wreck your credit).

I guess, like everything else, you really need to do your research (like you did) before you hand over money to anyone.

i used lexington few years ago to get things started in bulk. i then started learning that basuically what they were doing, i could do myself. (disputing online, sending my own letters, etc). if you have the money to spend to have them do it, it doesnt hurt you. and works for those that just dont have the time or energy or patience to do it themselves, thats why they charge.

ovationlaw.com is also good. thats my experiance. but after about 2 years of serious efforts, and dozens and dozens of credit report updates and disputes, etc. i just got approved for $15,000 with US BANK and $5,000 circuit city rewards visa, target, a few other online stores, apple, so, im back on top and will never screw up again. actually, never really had the "credit" to screw up. it was mostly personal things like apartments, cable boxes, medical, etc. i never even really had credit to begin with. now i do, and i treat it as i still dont.

deal...

I have fewer than you do, and I thought I was doomed....but found out: it's really not hard, nor that expensive. Yeah, you may pay $5/pop in CMRRR letters depending on what's deleted and what's not, but thats better than having a bad credit score!

People on here can help. I just started and my first TU dispute managed 3 deletes! They didn't delete from the others, but I'm catching CA's not covering their butts and about to get those removed. Letters to OC's disputing the evidence as well, because I honestly do not think that when I get a 'validation' back in less than a day, that the OC is really 'investigating' the matter. So I asked for paper proof.

You can do it!

• 2 years later...

i have been using them a few mos now i see a few improvments but not what i thought i am also looking for a faster program i messed upp i went with trinity at first thay removed alot in over a year for 4k but 2 mos later most was back so now i am going llc and trying to repair at fast rate

I am a credit professional .. have never used LL .. but from what I have heard they charge a monthly fee .. then drag their feet on getting anything done so as to get as much $$ as possible out of the client.

There are better solutions !!

Edited by Angelina
misspelling

I am a credit professional .. have never used LL .. but from what I have heard they charge a monthly fee .. then drag their feet on getting anything done so as to get as much $$ as possible out of the client.

Thee are better solutions !!

What exactly is a credit "professional" ? I am intrigued. :dunno:

Edited by newryman

What exactly is a credit "professional" ? I am intrigued. :dunno:

I work in the credit industry .. helping people to resolve credit problems .. i.e. I just helped a gentleman who had $175,000 in debt.

I called and spoke with all of his various creditors and got them to accept 25% to 35% of the amounts owed.

I work in the credit industry .. helping people to resolve credit problems .. i.e. I just helped a gentleman who had $175,000 in debt.

I called and spoke with all of his various creditors and got them to accept 25% to 35% of the amounts owed.

Thanks, selling services in the credit industry makes things a lot clearer for everyone reading your answers and understanding the basis for them.

Thanks, selling services in the credit industry makes things a lot clearer for everyone reading your answers and understanding the basis for them.
We would normally refer to such a person as a "debt fixer". I don't like to pre-judge people, but, IMHO, debt fixers are usually less than honest about their methods and the end result for the debtor.

I should also point out that solicitation of "clients" is strickly forbidden unless specifically authorized by the Admin.

We would normally refer to such a person as a "debt fixer". I don't like to pre-judge people, but, IMHO, debt fixers are usually less than honest about their methods and the end result for the debtor.

I should also point out that solicitation of "clients" is strickly forbidden unless specifically authorized by the Admin.

1) The company I work for is extremely ethical .. we don't do anything dishonest .. only assist people who are completely overwhelmed in getting out from under bad situations. The client as mentioned above was extremely satisfied with our services.

2) I certainly have not been soliciting clients in the forum. With the current economy .. trust me .. we have more business than we can handle.

I merely stopped by to see if I could offer any help or suggestions. Being in the credit industry, I see a lot of people who are being treated extremely unfairly and have reached the end of their rope.

But, if my presence here is somehow being misconstrued .. I will get back to assisting my clients and let the rest of the forum members help those who are in need of advice.

Edited by Angelina

Listen here kiddies there is room in the sandbox for everyone. Angie is trying to be helpful, and the whole idea of this forum is to get different view points.

Angelina I would just suggest you be careful touting as credit professional

Giving out advise as a "professional" could be misconstrued as professional help, which is a no no!

However we would all welcome new "insight" and you definately have a unique vantage point!

With that said I am wondering if you or your firm are members of ACA.

Its never fun to feel ganged up on, I hope you didn't feel that way.

I am sure there are several of us who would "love to pick your brain". As they say. This is america and we have freedom of speech (which thank goodness for me isn't based on ability to spell correctly) I think in that spirit we all welcome your posts!

Listen here kiddies there is room in the sandbox for everyone. Angie is trying to be helpful, and the whole idea of this forum is to get different view points.

Oh, I certainly agree. Even debt fixers (and collection agency employees, too) are welcome here to voice their opinions and add their insights.

My point is...100% of the debt fixers who have shown up here have done so with the intent of soliticting business. Debt fixers are collection agencies who use the "catch more flies with honey" approach. They have contracts (or, at least, contacts) with certain creditors. They may indeed be able to negotiate settlements for you WITH THOSE CREDITORS. If you owe someone they don't have a contract with, that creditor gets ignored, and you wind up getting sued.

They do get paid for their services. You pay them. There are many ways of disguising this, but, the bottom line is they get a percentage of the "savings"...the difference between what you owe and what the creditor accepts. You also get to pay income taxes on the entire difference.

And, occasionally, the debt fixer comes to the realizattion that the huge amount of money people have put "on deposit" with them to pay off their creditors after the magic hour ("charge off") is a lot of money. Both the debt fixer and the money seem to disappear.

Now, I agree...its possible that Angie's company is not like that. Its also possible Federal Income Tax is unconstitutional, and you really can get away without paying it. And, its possible that buying a warranty from some non-manufacturer for a 5 year old car that pays 100% of any repairs you may need to make is a good deal...and doesn't cost you very much.

Angelina could this guy have settled his debts for himself ?

Does he pay you or does he pay them?

How does this whole debt settlement really work?

1) Yes .. I suppose he could have. It would likely have taken him a lot longer, as he would have been dealing with people who are not in the position of making settlement decisions. Whereas, we speak directly with the people in charge and are able to get a more timely response.

Also .. many people are intimidated by the negotiation process .. are not sure how much negotiation is possible .. and basically would rather pay someone who has experience with this sort of thing.

2) They pay the creditor, as per the terms agreed upon.

My point is...100% of the debt fixers who have shown up here have done so with the intent of soliticting business. Debt fixers are collection agencies . . . They have contracts (or, at least, contacts) with certain creditors. They may indeed be able to negotiate settlements for you WITH THOSE CREDITORS. If you owe someone they don't have a contract with, that creditor gets ignored, and you wind up getting sued.

Well .. then I guess that clears that up .. we are definitely not "DEBT FIXERS" .. We are not a collection agency .. and this is certainly not the way we do business.

Edited by Angelina
sp