Re: Ultimate Authority

Experian supposedly "verified" and "updated" an entry by Palisades today.

Palisades is reporting date 12/05 ( date they bought debt) and they were a collection agency ( they bought the debt) as date opened.

They have never verified or validated despite my certified letter to them 1/06.

At that time they reported to Equifax and Equifax deleted. So from what I have read they cannot re-report via Equifax because it had been deleted?

What should I do about Experian. Shall I send them yet another letter requesting a deletion as Palisades had never validated with me. Is this classified as "re-aging". They have violated so many of my rights so far, continuing to collect without validating, calling me despite my request not to be contacted in the certified letter of 1/06. ...lying to Experian about this account. What should I do next? I'd like to take care of this on my own without a lawyer if possible.

I read your other post about the medical bill that you paid. Is that what we're talking about?

If so, who did you pay? If it was the CA, are they showing $0?

I originally was paying the medical bill on a monthly payment, somehow it was turned over to a collection agency and they sent me a form letter "This account is past due. Please tell us how you will handle the account by indicating below and returning this to us"....I put down "I refuse to pay because...I am currently making payments..and I was making payments as I agreed with the hospital. I have checks dating back from then showing I was continuing to pay but I made a final payment to the collection agency.

Now my credit report started showing a negative on this collection in May 2006 and it was paid in 2003. I've been in touch with the CA and the manager there sent me a letter to send to the CRA's telling them to take it off my credit report but of course the CRA's will not use documentation from the individual it is against. After I got the letter back from the CRA's I again called the CA and she told me she didn't have the authority to have it taken off my Credit Report. She stated she called I guess a higher up and I was told in about 3 days to get my credit report again to see if it is still on there.

To me it takes much longer than 3 days for it to show up as being off the report.

When I disputed the negative about 30 days ago two of the CRA's verified the results and are showing the STATUS: Paid, Closed/Collection account.

Collection as of Feb 2007. This item was verified and updated on Feb 2007.

So I guess the last payment went to the Collection Agency for $38.00..

Should I wait on the letters I just sent today requesting the Method of Verification before I act further???

I think the problem is that once you actually sent money to the CA, it did indeed become a "Paid collection". Usually, people are advised to only pay the OC...the OC "recalls" the account from the CA...and then the CA has no reason to be on their reports.

In your case, it sounds like everyone is reporting accurately. And since the account is closed, their not actually sending monthly updates. You might be able to get it removed by disputing with the CRAs as "not mine" or something to that effect, and then the CAs not validating.

I think the problem is that once you actually sent money to the CA, it did indeed become a "Paid collection". Usually, people are advised to only pay the OC...the OC "recalls" the account from the CA...and then the CA has no reason to be on their reports.

In your case, it sounds like everyone is reporting accurately. And since the account is closed, their not actually sending monthly updates. You might be able to get it removed by disputing with the CRAs as "not mine" or something to that effect, and then the CAs not validating.

I really appreciate your responses thus far...but as one last question..can the Collection Agency recall the negative account to be taken off my credit report??

They can, but they won't in the vast majority of cases.

As far as paying the OC after it has gone to collections, many CA's have it in their contracts that ANY payments received by the OC after it has gone to collections get reported to the CA, so that the CA gets their cut.

They can, but they won't in the vast majority of cases.

As far as paying the OC after it has gone to collections, many CA's have it in their contracts that ANY payments received by the OC after it has gone to collections get reported to the CA, so that the CA gets their cut.

Another of the many that are SOL..

"Like the sands of an hourglass, so are the days of our lives":shock: 8-)88-)