Transunion Vereifed?!?!?!?!?!

rm2738

I Validated a debt that was being reported to all 3 CRA's through West Asset (CA). CA sent me a letter saying account has been closed and the 3 CRA's will be notified and it could take up to 30 days to reflect on my report. In the mean time, I disputed the file through each CRA and TRANSUNION supposedly VERIFIED the debt as correct and true!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have my letter from CA and my CR states that TU verified this information as correct and true. I'm thinking that this might be grounds for a lawsuit.

I guess I am confused by your post. Did West Asset agree to delete the TL, or was it something you paid and they just agreed to update the TL to state that, or was it something where West Asset is no longer collecting on the acct???

West Asset agreed to delete, I'm guessing that they are not able to validate the debt to me. They pulled the TL from EX and EQ within a few days... But TU came reported back to me that the CA verified the account and that it will remain on my report "As is."

It might be one of those things were the two items crossed in the mail so to speak. I'd give it about 30 days, then mail a copy of the letter to TU. I had a few deletions take nearly 45 days before I actually saw them deleted from one CR but it happened immediately on the other 2.

Last year, I did online disputes with Equifax for 4 different tradelines, but at the time, I didn't know anything about the value of sending out DV letters to the CAs as well.

The letter came from Equifax in which they had checked all four collection accounts and after each one it said "verified, this belongs to you", etc.

after about 2 months, one of the ones they verified magically disappeared and has never returned...it had been on my CR for 3 years.

I don't know what happen, unless the CA decided they better remove it after verifying it without having any thing to validate it with. *shrug*