Collection appears after 3 years?

Jess1120

I checked my reports through TC today, and suddenly there's a settled collection on all three reports from a CBCS. The account is reported as being settled in March of 2004, yet this is the first I've ever heard or seen of it. I don't even remember settling any collection with them that long ago. I immediately disputed it with all three, of course,(not mine) and I'm sending out a letter to CBCS today with the same reasoning.

Even if it was mine (and I don't think it was), how can they wait three years to report it? Any others have experience with something like this...or suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica

I checked my reports through TC today, and suddenly there's a settled collection on all three reports from a CBCS. The account is reported as being settled in March of 2004, yet this is the first I've ever heard or seen of it. I don't even remember settling any collection with them that long ago. I immediately disputed it with all three, of course,(not mine) and I'm sending out a letter to CBCS today with the same reasoning.

Even if it was mine (and I don't think it was), how can they wait three years to report it? Any others have experience with something like this...or suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica[/quote

I had a hospital turn over to the CA in 2003 in which I was still paying monthly payments to them and it was not on my Credit Reports until May 2006, over 3 years. I'm still battling them as we speak..just sent out letters requesting the CRA's Method of Verification...

Good Luck

Robert :)++