Newbie with my first DELETE

maaj

I just wanted to share that I got MY FIRST DELETE.

It was with an OC (credit card with Citi) which the SOL has expired (3 years) and the 7 years is still in effect (has about 1 1/2 years until that is up) by sending out a Verification of Debt. I received the letter in the mail that they were sorry and would clear that from all 3 CRA's!!

Thanks to everyone on this board! I had kind of fallen off the research and getitng things in order until I got that letter! It surely put me back in motion to work harder on everything else.

I had two Citi accounts that I paid for 40% of the original amount after CO through a CA. It took a few tries disputing as "Paid as agreed" but they finally gave in and recently marked both as simply "Paid in full" and the CRA's moved them over to the good column. By the way... Citi did send me a 1099c on both accounts and I am still paying the IRS because they were both rather large amounts, but at least they're not hurting my scores and I don't have to worry about anyone coming after me some day.