Homemakers? First Premier Bank?

Do any of you homemakers have a First Premier Bank? If so, how did you report your income, employment info?? Otherwise is it a no-go with these folks?? Input?

*Update* I bit the bullet and applied. I looked in their questions section and it did say you CAN use your spouse's income, they just need to verify that the spouse lives with you at the same address. We'll see. I had a pre-approval letter... not that this helps. I didn't get an instant response, it said they'd begin processing it immediately and I'd hear back w/in 30 days. It also offered me my credit report via EXPERIAN. So, apparently that's who they pull--or at least that's who they pulled THIS time.

Elyse

I applied for First Premier and they sent me letter stating they were having problems verifying my income. I called to let them know I was a homemaker and would be using my spouse's income. They told me they would get back to me. I haven't heard from them in 30 days. I just fiqured I was denied. There is no hit on my CR.:confused:

Hello my wife applied as a stay at home mother no income she used mine as total household incom. after about 2 weeks received application via mail asking for 29.00 processing fee. and the usual blah blah blah about the fees that will be initially charged to account. Sent back today should get card shortly. The reason she was not approved online

too few revolving accounts never delinquent in last 6 months. and total number of bankruptcy trade-lines ever is low.

so if she had been late or had bankruptcy tradelines she would have been approved online. WOW!!

• 4 months later...

I applied and I got letter to send fee and I got it . That was before I found this board. I am a housewife I just put husbands income in where it ask for income. But it is started building me credit. I had no credit just CA medical bills on report. So now thanks to this board I am trying to get those off my CR and off husbands to.

Man, run from First Premier. High fees, low CL, bad customer service - a perfect storm of suck! You'll just be more in debt when you get the card.

Why not use the money you would spend for fees and put it into a secured account?

-r

Sweetie, I know things are bad for you, but are they really First Premier bad?

OMG, LOL!!!!!!!

:roflmao:

Once I start qualifying for the mainstream stuff (or at least ONE) I'll get rid of it, I promise. YES the fee's are TERRIBLE. They charge for EVERYTHING, even to pay your bill online which I hate and is a particular turn off to me.

Thanks for the laugh, doll...I needed it.

Sweetie, I know things are bad for you, but are they really First Premier bad?

I second that. :shock:

If you take all of the fees and crap with that type of card, you could probably get a secured card from a regular bank. I went with a local bank that didn't scream subprime or have the rip off fees and reputation. I really think you will regret this. Even if you trade up, it will still appear on your CR upon a manual review.

Please think before you pull the trigger.

Once I start qualifying for the mainstream stuff (or at least ONE) I'll get rid of it, I promise. YES the fee's are TERRIBLE. They charge for EVERYTHING, even to pay your bill online which I hate and is a particular turn off to me.

Thanks for the laugh, doll...I needed it.

Okay, just checking. I found their CSRs quite nice. I actually miss them in a weird way, I just don't miss the low CL and high fees is all.