It's never too late.. right??

Guest Pasia7thsignC

Guest Pasia7thsignC

Hello to all the memebers on here.:)++

Here's my story.. after 6 years of trying to grow up..I think I'm finally there.. or atleast this to me is the first step. Now in my late 20s I want the life that I had set myself out for..nothing extravagant.. just a home that I can call my own..and a healthy me.. so after avoiding the CAs for 6+yrs.. and many cc and auto loans denied, I have come to term that I need to fix my credit..so I call for the free credit reports and received two in 01/07.. Equifax says I have already requested one.. hmm no recollection of that:confused: Anyhow.. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised.. 16 collections and 3 charged off...[sigh] score 520 & 539 and $25+k in debt :( .

After trying to figure out how to read my CR and adding it up..check to see what the heck is on there... most I don't recall.. I sat up a couple of nights crying my eyes out :cry: .... Well thats enough crying! So here I am.. taking the next step.. which is figuring how to repair my credit..and I must say that this site and everything that everyone has said has been an eye opener..and most of all.. it has given me plenty of HOPExdancex .. so one day I hope to share my success story with all of you.

P.S. Don't laugh....but I went out and bought me two books: Credit Repair Kit for DUMMIES and Suze Orman new book WOMEN and MONEY... :lol:

You're right, it's never too late! I know people older than you (me, for one) trying to clear things up.

My biggest problem was my charge cards. They are not too high to get paid off soon, but I have a year long history of late pays on each one of them. I lost a job due to having to move to be closer to my mom for her health, and I don't make the money I did when I first opened those accounts, so I've been "squeezing payments outta rocks" so to speak for the last year. It's about killed my score and for a long time I just felt "why bother"? it will never be a good score again.

Then I began finding out more about how to correct my trade lines and improve my score.

I just sent out my first batch of DV (debt verification) letters in the last two days and am waiting to see what happens after the next month or so.

Hang in there, girl!

April

Welcome to the club, everyone hear has been where u r. It's never too late. Take things one step at a time and be patient, do what others have done up here (including myself) and the light at the end that seemed so far away will be in sight in no time. Good luck to you and stay informed

:)++ Hi! and welcome.

I know right now, you feel like you're ::drowning::, but that won't last forever.

Most of us have been in the same or similar shoes. Once you're on the way to better credit- you'll feel so empowered!

The books and this forum are a great place to start

Good luck!