heathnca

DC showing up?

Hey all,

I am in Northern Ca, I am being sued but DC lawyer from So Cal. I just got letter from Court saying date is 4/20/07. What is the likely hood that they will show? For those of you not from cal that's a 8hr drive. although a 45 min flight.

Either way I'm ready.

Heath

Chances are they will show up and get a default judgment against you if you fail to show. You say you live in Northern California but the lawyer representing the debt collector is in Southern California? Did you ever live in So Cal? Why are you being summoned to a court there?

OK, I think we read this backward, or I did at first.

You're saying that they sued you in NoCal where you now live, and you're wondering if the CA from SoCal will bother to come all the way up there?

I think we read it as they were suing you in SoCal and making you go all the way down there.

My guess is yes, someone will show up from the CA in this case.

dont kid yourself.. chances are they will farm it out to a local lawyer.. I was in court for a case and saw one local guy handling cases from about 7 different JDB's all in different parts of the country.. THEY are not going to show up an fly here.. they will get some local guy just starting out with a firm to take it for a fee.. and yours wont be the only case on the laywers list that day..

dont kid yourself.. chances are they will farm it out to a local lawyer.. I was in court for a case and saw one local guy handling cases from about 7 different JDB's all in different parts of the country.. THEY are not going to show up an fly here.. they will get some local guy just starting out with a firm to take it for a fee.. and yours wont be the only case on the laywers list that day..

Exactly. We went to the court house to day to get copies of everything filed in the case. There was a list of all the people from our county these lawyers were suing and every JDB was different.