my first pay for delete

myscoresawful

I have just received a confirmation that the CA will delete the collection account on my CR if I pay the balance using check by phone. The kicker is that they have been nice enough to have me pay only the original balance owed to the OC! The debt is almost four years old, so probably won't have an impact at all on my score, but it will "look" better to a mortgage lender later next year, right?

they have been nice enough to have me pay only the original balance owed to the OC

As opposed to them being "nice enough" to let you pay a bunch of illegal fees? Get something in writing from these clowns before you give them any money. Make sure you know who actually owns the account. If the original creditor still owns the account, make sure they are a party to your payment agreement. In fact, send the money directly to them, not the CA. Otherwise you'll have another collector after your for the fees they were "nice enough" not to charge you for the first time.

I have just received a confirmation that the CA will delete the collection account on my CR if I pay the balance using check by phone.

Don't pay them by check by phone! Certified funds only! If you intend to pay. Do you not think that if you give them your banking information, that they can't get to the rest of your money? If they are going to delete it, make sure you GET IT IN WRITING BEFORE YOU PAY!

The kicker is that they have been nice enough to have me pay only the original balance owed to the OC!

And you know this is the actual amount from the OC, how? You have the original bill from the date of your last actual charge? BTW- CA's are not nice!

The debt is almost four years old, so probably won't have an impact at all on my score, but it will "look" better to a mortgage lender later next year, right?

IMHO, if the debt is close to SOL, why bother? (I don't know what the SOL in your state is, but again,why bother?) It might look better, but doubtful, as they will probably resell your account to someone else or reage it and reinsert it, especially since you "paid them what the original balance from the OC".

Not sure it will look better if you pay since they will probably re-age your debt and bring your score down and the reporting period longer. Makes the debt look new.

They are going to delete it from my CR completely, there would be no damage to my score or reaging.

I have it in writing on their letter head, signed, that they will completely remove the collection from my CR upon payment.

I did contact them and ask about other payment types and they said I could mail a money order if I would like to.

Yes, I know the debt is mine, and it is the original amount. The SOL in my state is 6 years. It is a debt that I feel the need to pay for personal reasons, and just wanted to get the best possible outcome if I was going to pay it.

Thanks anyway.

They are going to delete it from my CR completely, there would be no damage to my score or reaging.

I have it in writing on their letter head, signed, that they will completely remove the collection from my CR upon payment.

I did contact them and ask about other payment types and they said I could mail a money order if I would like to.

Yes, I know the debt is mine, and it is the original amount. The SOL in my state is 6 years. It is a debt that I feel the need to pay for personal reasons, and just wanted to get the best possible outcome if I was going to pay it.

Thanks anyway.

I know what you mean about "the need to pay for personal reasons". I've tried to offer PFD with all of my accounts since they were all small amounts from a child'ish time, however, i got no love from my PFD offers with the CA's that are out of SOL and close to the end of the reporting period. I guess they would rather lose all the money! Good Luck!

Big John,

I don't know if this form letter had anything to do with it or not, it's just one I found on the internet in the search engines, but here it is, it can be revamped to your liking.

It might not have had anything to do with it. It is possible that the company I have the debt with is considering using another collection agency if they are not collecting enough of their accounts for them and just need to show some progress in order to keep accounts coming there way, maybe. I don't know.

[your name]

[address}

[city, state zip]

[DATE]

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. The account number I have is the one listed on my credit report – which omits the last few digits.

Account: 847474XXX

Having consulted with an attorney, I am aware of my legal rights and options against you.

In the spirit of compromise , I am proposing the following offer.

I am willing to send you certified funds in the amount of $XX in exchange for the following:

• Deletion of this account on any reporting agencies it resides on, including but not limited to: Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union.

• The above mentioned action takes place no later than 48 hours from receipt of agreed payment in certified funds.

C. You sending me the UDF verifying the above action was indeed completed via postal mail.

D. The understanding that this debt, while not mine , was satisfied in full.

E. Agree to never discus this account with any party and never report nor cause to be reported this account to any reporting agency including but not limited to: Experian, Equifax and Trans Union.

Certified funds shall be construed as: Money Order, Certified Check, or Cash.

My letter should NOT be construed as an acknowledgement of liability for this debt in any manner.

My offer shall remain open for X business days from certified receipt of this letter.

If you agree to these terms and accept this agreement as laid out, then please send back your approval on your company's letter head. Make sure the letter is signed by a person with the authority to accept said offer and that your letter states the terms of this offer.

Your letter must be postmarked NO LATER than X business days from the date of certified receipt of this letter.

I look forward to your cooperation.

Sincerely,

[NAME]

In reading your post I was wondering whether or not you contacted the CA

first via the phone and presented these terms to them, or did you send your letter first. Can the same letter be sent to an OC?

Also, what is a UDF? I'm not familiar with this. Your letter is very impressive.

Diehard

As your life flashes before you, will yourself to LIVE and FIGHT!! DH :evil:

:twisted::evil: