Need Help with Global Payments Check / AAA

maaj

My fiance has a CA on his reports. On experian and equifax it is listed under global payments and on TU it is listed as AAA. Apparently it was first with global payments and now transferred to AAA. The total owed is only $50.00. The check was written in Feb. 2002 on a closed account. It is on a joint checking account and he did not write this check, it is not his handwriting. (We got a copy of the check when we originally DV'd Global), have not even DV'd AAA yet because the response from global gave us their number and a copy of the check).

He called AAA and asked for a PFD and they said if you pay over the phone they would, so he asked for a letter to be sent verifying that and they said No.

Someone told me that with checks once they are paid they are handled differently and will come off your credit report so it is ok if I did not have that letter verifying that, but I was not sure.

Here are my questions:

1. What is our next step with AAA who is the one supposedly that has this account.

2. What is the next step with Global who supposedly gave the account to AAA, but they still have a copy of the check.

It is such a small amount that we do not even care about who wrote the check, we will pay it, we just want it off!!!

I also had a Global Pay check on my report from years ago. It was paid but I needed it off. I sent an email to the CEO and the next day I had a response from someone telling me they would delete it. I will give you his email and perhaps you can start there and ask for assistance. I told him that I was emailing him as I had no luck elsewhere and needed to get it cleared due to a student loan that I was trying to get. Worked! I will PM you.

I know it's not a lot of money, but I guess if it were me I would still start from the position that this is fraud, he didn't write the check and you're not paying it. I just wouldn't want to start the precedent of paying something that wasn't mine. What if more stuff from the same person shows up?

It was an ex of his. We are not even sure if she wrote it, we don't care who wrote it for the fact of pressing charges, it was so long ago, we just want to get rid of it, whether him denying writing it or whether PFD, just not sure what to do.

• 2 years later...
I also had a Global Pay check on my report from years ago. It was paid but I needed it off. I sent an email to the CEO and the next day I had a response from someone telling me they would delete it. I will give you his email and perhaps you can start there and ask for assistance. I told him that I was emailing him as I had no luck elsewhere and needed to get it cleared due to a student loan that I was trying to get. Worked! I will PM you.

Do you still have that email address for that CEO?

Someone other then your fiancee writing a check in your fiancee's name is a criminal act.

My advice is to stop messing around with disputes and PFDs and file the appropriate FTC affidavit and police report, send copies to the bureaus and any CA that is trying to collect and quash this thing as it should be.