What to do now

mkr_00

I have gotten rid of all my negatives except for 2 paid collections ( I paid before I saw this sit) and 3 CA. The remaining collections are 3 rs old, 5 years old, and 6 years old. Should I wait for the older too to fall off and try to pay the 3 yr old? I have tried everything and nothing has worked. The validated all 3 debts. I was thinking of trying and RE letter. I have read about some success in Texas with those. Any ideas??

Thanks,

You can try disputing the ones you've already paid with the CRAs. Whoever you paid may not have the records or the inclination to verify and maybe they'll get deleted.

As for the unpaid ones, I don't see any advantage to paying any that are past SOL for your state. You don't say what those accounts are or what state you are in, so investigate the SOL for those accounts in your state. (I'm guessing Texas from what you said about other success.)

Who validated the debts? The CAs or the CRAs when you disputed? What I mean is, did you send DV letters to the CAs or did you dispute with the CRAs (or both)?

I don't know what a RE letter is, but I'm still a noob so probably someone who knows more will be along shortly. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people on here...