Lawsuit filed in District Court

Filed lawsuit against out-of-state JDB this AM in District Court for various violations of NC Statutes. Requesting statutory and actual damages up to 10K and declaratory and injunctive relief. HA...doubt that I can get that, but asked anyway.

Service by CMRRR, pursuant to NC Rules Civ Proc. Will now wait for return of green card...or not. You guys know I don't do this often, but when I do, I've never lost. I'll keep you posted.

Got my green card in the mail today; signed 3/5.

March 6 was day one. They now have 26 more days to get a North Carolina attorney, draft and file an answer.

Monday, I'll go back to the courthouse to file my certificate of service. They have until April 4. I hope they fight this; the practice will be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Lawyer called my cell phone with ridiculous offer. Then (remember, I'm only filing a state claim) said he guessed he would have to have it moved to Federal. ??What?? Then, he said if I since I sued his client in North Carolina, he guessed he would have to sue me in Florida. ??What?? Don't ask me what this guy is thinking!

Anyway, after all that, he said he probably needed to review the file again and would be back in touch with me on Monday. Whatever...

Lawyer called my cell phone with ridiculous offer. Then (remember, I'm only filing a state claim) said he guessed he would have to have it moved to Federal. ??What?? Then, he said if I since I sued his client in North Carolina, he guessed he would have to sue me in Florida. ??What?? Don't ask me what this guy is thinking!

Anyway, after all that, he said he probably needed to review the file again and would be back in touch with me on Monday. Whatever...

Ask him to sue you Bermuda and then make sure they pay for it.. why not.. makes as much sense as what he said to you.. get some sun and surf out of it at least... lol

:roll: :roll: :roll: what a bunch of Gomers