Successful Pay for Delete through CA's

Antjwill80

I sent pfd letters and got no reply. I then did an internet search and found the supervisors email. I offered to pay in full for deletion and he excepted. I payed that day and it was immidiately deleted. Unfortunately that is the only success that I have had.

Good luck

I sent pfd letters and got no reply. I then did an internet search and found the supervisors email. I offered to pay in full for deletion and he excepted. I payed that day and it was immidiately deleted. Unfortunately that is the only success that I have had.

Good luck

Was this a CA or OC?

I believe the issues concerning the collection have to be just right, most of the time.

If you are dealing with a recently added collection, the chances of getting the CA to delete is are probably not as good as if it were an older one.

Most CAs will recieve up to 40% of a debt that they recover, if it is one they did not buy right out.

They are also more likely to agree to pay for delete if the SOL has expired, because they know they can't win a judgement on it after that.

I've just recently had a CA agree in writing to delete a collection on my CR by paying. I'm not sure what the circumstances were that made them agree to it, the debt is four years old and the SOL not expired, but it was a debt that I was going to pay anyway (they didn't know that) and I wanted to get the most out of it. Whether or not I have trouble getting them to go through with their word on it or not remains to be seen, but I am mailing the money order off Monday and we will see. There is a sticky here, I believe, where people have posted their luck with pay for deletes.

Good luck!

April

I believe the issues concerning the collection have to be just right, most of the time.

If you are dealing with a recently added collection, the chances of getting the CA to delete is are probably not as good as if it were an older one.

Most CAs will recieve up to 40% of a debt that they recover, if it is one they did not buy right out.

They are also more likely to agree to pay for delete if the SOL has expired, because they know they can't win a judgement on it after that.

I've just recently had a CA agree in writing to delete a collection on my CR by paying. I'm not sure what the circumstances were that made them agree to it, the debt is four years old and the SOL not expired, but it was a debt that I was going to pay anyway (they didn't know that) and I wanted to get the most out of it. Whether or not I have trouble getting them to go through with their word on it or not remains to be seen, but I am mailing the money order off Monday and we will see. There is a sticky here, I believe, where people have posted their luck with pay for deletes.

Good luck!

April

Do you already have the agreement in writing?

yes, I do. I am mailing the money order out today and will update here what the outcome is. (ex: if they actually remove it)

The account exec that is handling this for me seems really genuine in helping me. I am sure that it is mostly because he will benefit from getting the debt paid in the eyes of the company I owe.

He did have to get permission from someone else in his CA to get it removed. He also told me to be sure and write the following in the "subject" line of the Money Order: case# - pif, bal: $0, REMOVE REPORTING.

To me, that seems like a restrictive endorsement of some sort, and this is a CA in the state of California if that helps anyone. Incidentally, I didn't know enough to ask for any more assurance other than their word on their letter head signed by an authorized person in their company, HE volunteered the part about writing that info on the money order.