Bar association complaints

JMHO, but, I've always thought of bar associations as just another club. You pays your dues, and you're in. You've got to do something really nasty to get kicked out...or, run afoul of one of the senior members...or, be stupid enough to get caught doing something that all the rest of the member do anyway.

I've heard that when some people send formal complaints to an debt chaser attorney, they also send copies to the Bar and to the state's attorney general. Other than that, I'm not sure those people would help...

Bar Assns, like other professional groups, are "self-policing" and impotent. Like the BBB.

If you want to grab someone where it hurts, and squeeze and get their attention and cooperation, go to the agency that holds their license. Your complaint could cost them their license and their livelihood. You'll be amazed at how quickly they play nice...well other professions at least. Not sure about lawyers.

I haven't seen much on here about filing bar association complaints against bottom feeder attorneys. Why is that? Do bar associations not care about this sort of thing (fdcpa violations,etc)?

Also, another reason would be why file with the Bar? They are working directly for someone else who is giving the order (supposing the atty that "signs" the letters actually looks at each and every file and reads each and every letter that is sent out with "his signature".)

But if you look at the grand scheme of things how is that possible. Some DCA's send out over 5,000 letters a day. Hmmm, let's do the math. Review each file and each letter and sign your name over an 8 hour day, that's 625/hr, and 10.4/minute, which boils down to approximately 5 seconds per file. I DON'T THINK SO! BTW - this is also an FDCPA violation.